Modera Central | 23-Story Residential

bic

I still think the parking podium is overwhelming, but what really bothered me in the old renderings was the red MODERA sign and bizarre lime green detail on the roof. I hope the final color scheme is similar to this rendering. 

Now, if we can get "Capital Plaza Three" to happen on that lot diagonally across the street, we'd have a great corner there (but I won't get my hopes up).

Truncated stature notwithstanding, it's an improvement over the original design.

Still, when I recall the Tradition Towers design that, with a bit of better timing and luck, could've been occupying that corner right now, it really just seems like such a total waste of one of the prime visual locations in all of downtown.

Meh. Orlando.

What're ya gonna do?

Another aspect of this, since it is much shorter, you will be able to see more of Solaire and Plaza buildings behind this in a stacked, step back sort of effect from the lake.  Additionally, top floors of the Solaire will still have lake views after it is built (or until another building gets built obstructing the view like one proposed for the SW corner of lake Eola).  I think the step back effect won't look so bad leading up to the taller Solaire, Suntrust, and 55 West buildings behind it.  

I always think about the pedestrian experience.   I worry that when they look up they will only see the height of the parking deck.   I also worry that shade is lost vs if it was all up to the street.   Definitely beats what is there now though.   

20 minutes ago, UngaBungalow said:

I love the inside of the University Club. A friend brought me there a few times to have a beer and people watch. I'll be sad to see the wood interior go away. 

People watch at the UC? You get more action going to a morgue! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/3/2016 at 10:19 AM, smileguy said:

I realize I may face permanent expulsion from these forums for saying this, but is it possible that in the most recent renderings, this project doesn't look quite as awful as it has in earlier renderings?

os-university-club-modera-20160801

I think they are making it look smaller than it will actually be.  look at the size of the trees and the people.  the people look like giants.  That first level alone has got to be like the first level at Crescent, 15-25' high, right?  Is this a shhh moment?

• Like 1