Modera Central | 23-Story Residential

bic

Ground floor retail is great & should be encouraged, but let's face it... every building cannot feature it, nor should it. 

Great & diverse cities have other things besides retail at the street level.

On the other hand, Orlando is still woefully lacking in good, street level space to put retail in.

A few more of those new residential buildings need to come on line before DTO can even support an abundance of retail.

• Like 1

Ground floor retail is great & should be encouraged, but let's face it... every building cannot feature it, nor should it. 

Great & diverse cities have other things besides retail at the street level.

On the other hand, Orlando is still woefully lacking in good, street level space to put retail in.

A few more of those new residential buildings need to come on line before DTO can even support an abundance of retail.

I think the important thing is that the street level tenant interacts with the street...whether it be retail, office, club, whatever else. Totally agree that everything can't be retail - even in the densest of cities, there are exclusively residential streets.  That being said, this is a major street in a very prominent location, so it would be nice if there were something special and engaging happening at the street level.  Depending on design and visibility, University Club could still interact nicely.  

• Like 1

It seems odd to me that an exclusive club would want to be on the ground floor. Not on the top because as jack says, get some money for that spot, but just peeking out over the top of the buildings surrounding it sounds more the mark to me. Members Only elevators done up uber fancy. but I guess that's just me.

It seems odd to me that an exclusive club would want to be on the ground floor. Not on the top because as jack says, get some money for that spot, but just peeking out over the top of the buildings surrounding it sounds more the mark to me. Members Only elevators done up uber fancy. but I guess that's just me.

I went to the Citrus Club for dinner for the first time a few weeks ago.  Anytime someone mentions the Citrus Club, they talk about the view, and it's definitely an asset to the space.  Either the University Club doesn't want to be a copycat, or they don't have a good vision for how to create an amenity with that view. 

I can't find this anywhere

Credit to Bungalower for really scooping the plans in advance on this one.  The city just assigned it yesterday.

MPL2015-00016

Modera Central

394-Unit Multi-Family Development with 26,000 sq ft Commercial

I can't find this anywhere.

It now is attached to a permit application that will go through board approvals - and we get the dirt in the form of staff reports.

In this case, it looks like we may now have a project name in Modera Central - of course that could change or not be the case

It now is attached to a permit application that will go through board approvals - and we get the dirt in the form of staff reports.

In this case, it looks like we may now have a project name in Modera Central - of course that could change or not be the case

This is likely accurate.  Most of this developer's apartment projects get the "Modera" branding.  From an urban standpoint, they do really solid projects and this rendering looks quite similar to their Midtown Atlanta proposal.  Here is a couple of their projects in Atlanta (Modera MidtownModera Morningside).

• Like 2