Modera Central | 23-Story Residential

bic

6 hours ago, nite owℓ said:

Hey, it's possible... Wine Down Wednesday at Urban Flats used to get really packed when it was located at the Solaire/Chase Plaza. Right restaurant/offerings, right location, right pricepoint = crowd.

not to hijack this thread, but, Wine Down has been resurrected, and let me tell you, it is uber packed every Wednesday.  I will snap a shot next time and post.  It's impressive.  Hundreds of patrons each Wednesday.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, spenser1058 said:

A bit of a puff piece describing the new four-story digs for the University Club at Modera:

https://www.otownpaper.com/articles/university-club-of-orlando-new-look-same-traditions/

From the Downtown Community Paper

I know many don’t care for elitist fru fru social clubs.  But this is important for Orlando because now its two big clubs, this, and Citrus, are in iconic buildings downtown, and U-Club should become very memorable for members visiting from out of town.  It could become an investment based on perception of the area tool.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jrs2 said:

I know many don’t care for elitist fru fru social clubs.  But this is important for Orlando because now its two big clubs, this, and Citrus, are in iconic buildings downtown, and U-Club should become very memorable for members visiting from out of town.  It could become an investment based on perception of the area tool.

So, who exactly IS the "area tool"?

Is there only one?

I've heard of several who I feel fit that description.

How should he/she be perceived?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, JFW657 said:

So, who exactly IS the "area tool"?

Is there only one?

I've heard of several who I feel fit that description.

How should he/she be perceived?

In Alabama, although they usually come out #49 in just about everything but football, there's a saying, "Thank God for Mississippi!" because at least one state is worse than they are.

By the same token, in our increasingly diverse paradise that is today's Orlando, the UC similarly takes comfort in the fact that at least they're more open-minded than the Country Club of Orlando. 

It's not much, but sometimes one takes what one can get. And hey, at least they have a fancy new building to be snooty in.

• Haha 1