Modera Central | 23-Story Residential

bic

• 4 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, spenser1058 said:

It appears a good bit of the ground floor is going to be the University Club gym. Another stretch of Rosalind without much retail, methinks.

And that ugly white wall.

They should paint a mural on it.

One that looks like shops and storefronts.

Not cutesy and old time like this one....

Taylor2.jpg

...but the same general idea.

Make it look like the other end. 

I really hate the way it looks now.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Heard Duckweed fell through - wonder its back.  

An unnamed grocer has a pending lease for a 5,100-square-foot space in the $75 million, 350-unit Modera Central Class A apartment complex at 125 E. Pine St., said Jill Rose, vice president of retail services for Orlando-based real estate firm Bishop Beale Duncan, who is handling leasing. Meanwhile, other users have pending leases for nearly all of the roughly 12,700-square-foot space at Pine Street and Rosalind Avenue, save for about 2,000 square feet.

2 hours ago, Jernigan said:

Heard Duckweed fell through - wonder its back.  

The article also mentions Dollar Store. Seriously, a Dollar Store in the University Club building just seems... odd.

But if the grocery store is 5100 sq feet and they say they have 2000 unaccounted for sq feet and they have a total of 12,700 sq feet of retail... that means they have 5600 additional committed space. What is it going to be and what are they looking for in the 2000 uncommitted space?

15 minutes ago, AmIReal said:

The article also mentions Dollar Store. Seriously, a Dollar Store in the University Club building just seems... odd.

But if the grocery store is 5100 sq feet and they say they have 2000 unaccounted for sq feet and they have a total of 12,700 sq feet of retail... that means they have 5600 additional committed space. What is it going to be and what are they looking for in the 2000 uncommitted space?

Dollar General has a chain of urban mini marts DGX or something and they mentioned they are looking at Orlando.  I don’t think Mill Creek will allow that lease to happen though.

• Like 1

5000 sf is a good bit larger than an Amazon GO (<1000); somewhat smaller than a Family Dollar or Dollar Tree (~7000) and a good bit smaller than Whole Foods 365 (a smaller version) or college format Publix (~20-25K).

So If it’s indeed a grocer, it would seem to be local and definitely one of JFW’s “boutique” versions with  very low stock and very high prices. As AmIReal notes, maybe that will be a go with the UC crowd but not college kids 4 to an apt or most ofthe seniors in the retirement towers. So yes, I’m curious.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, AndyPok1 said:

I will say walking by it, it isn't nearly as awful as the pictures make it out to be.

I don't know, I was pretty shocked when I was home over Christmas and walked by...my reaction was legit "since when is Rosalind an alley?"  

Edited by uncreativeusername
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, uncreativeusername said:

I don't know, I was pretty shocked when I was home over Christmas and walked by...my reaction was legit "since when is Rosalind an alley?"  

Oh, don't get me wrong.  Its bad.  But not overly so.  I'd argue having an active Pine and Central is more important than Rosalind.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AndyPok1 said:

Oh, don't get me wrong.  Its bad.  But not overly so.  I'd argue having an active Pine and Central is more important than Rosalind.  

I agree that Pine and Central matter tons more, but it's not like this had to be an either/or.  It's not just the door - it's the awful empty wall.  And I resent what I see as big league developers who know better taking advantage of the city (who SHOULD know better). How did this sneak past the ARB?

I'm still glad for the building overall. I just hate when the small stuff gets screwed up for no good reason.

• Like 3