Modera Central | 23-Story Residential

bic

1 hour ago, HankStrong said:

Oddly specific and nonsensical wishes for random places?  Spense says Bungalower doesn't do that anymore, but for the joke I'll do a callback.

I think I sorta get it a little bit better now I guess.

Re: the ugly wall comment I was just standing on my old familiar soapbox andbdh.gif.

• Like 1

On 6/18/2019 at 10:49 PM, uncreativeusername said:

I agree that Pine and Central matter tons more, but it's not like this had to be an either/or.  It's not just the door - it's the awful empty wall.  And I resent what I see as big league developers who know better taking advantage of the city (who SHOULD know better). How did this sneak past the ARB?

I'm still glad for the building overall. I just hate when the small stuff gets screwed up for no good reason.

For me personally, I'm more offended by the windows looking into the basketball court that I can't access AND THE FACT THAT THEY DIDNT BUILD THE SPACE BIG ENOUGH TO HAVE AN ENTIRE 3 POINT LINE

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Jvest55 said:

If you want to see an "ugly wall" just look behind Dr. Philips construction. There is an even uglier wall now, and it's like 10 stories tall. 

That's true and I commented on it a long time ago.

But the DPAC wall, though visible from the 408, is not fronting the sidewalk of a major avenue in the middle of downtown.

Hopefully DPAC will either get some kind of mural painted on it, or some new construction will go up to hide it.

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, nite owℓ said:

I hope La Boulangerie doesn't create direct competition with Le Gourmet Break on Magnolia... it would be a shame to lose an independent business.

They are pretty much the exact same concept. La Boulangerie isn't some chain though - they just have a few locations in Miami as they've done well (I believe it's 5). There's enough room for more than one Bakery Cafe over there. Would be a good business breakfast spot during the week. 

11 hours ago, bqknight said:

They are pretty much the exact same concept. La Boulangerie isn't some chain though - they just have a few locations in Miami as they've done well (I believe it's 5). There's enough room for more than one Bakery Cafe over there. Would be a good business breakfast spot during the week. 

IDK, downtown Orlando's restaurant ecosystem seems pretty fragile (especially with residents having limited discretionary income and all). I can't see it ending well when they plop a brand new French bakery (with a decent reputation) less than one block away from an independently owned shop. Why not introduce a brand new concept or cuisine downtown: Duckweed would've been unique or Modera could've been the first to finally bring an Indian restaurant downtown.

Advanced issues found

4 hours ago, nite owℓ said:

Modera could've been the first to finally bring an Indian restaurant downtown.

Don't forget that Indian place that was at 55 West -- what was it called? I've forgotten.

38 minutes ago, smileguy said:

Don't forget that Indian place that was at 55 West -- what was it called? I've forgotten.

Hmm, not ringing a bell. I must have been living under a rock bc I would have been a regular and kept them in business lol.

BTW, what is going on with your quotes? Whenever you quote someone, the html gets all screwed up and causes an error. What platform are you using?

24 minutes ago, JFW657 said:

Wasn't there once an Indian restaurant on CURRY Ford Rd?

And if not, why?

Seems like CURRY Ford Rd would be a natural location for one.

I think there's a place called Forever Naan on Curry Ford, but from what I've heard their hours are limited and I'm rarely ever over there. I want a full blown Indian restaurant like Woodlands right here in the CBD.

9 hours ago, smileguy said:

There was briefly a place in the current Artisan's Table, previously Urban Flats, that was restaurant/ cocktail lounge/ night club. They did some Indian fusion that was really bad. I think the name had "west" in it, but not sure. Is that the place you're speaking of?

13 hours ago, nite owℓ said:

IDK, downtown Orlando's restaurant ecosystem seems pretty fragile (especially with residents having limited discretionary income and all). I can't see it ending well when they plop a brand new French bakery (with a decent reputation) less than one block away from an independently owned shop. Why not introduce a brand new concept or cuisine downtown: Duckweed would've been unique or Modera could've been the first to finally bring an Indian restaurant downtown.

I know we all hear of their financial fragility, but they sure do seem to get out a lot to eat and drink. Granted, they prefer cheap.

Duckweed or something like it would be great. Their is a rise in this type market

https://www.loopnet.com/learn/the-rise-of-the-grocerant/1756106191/

And I keep hearing rumors the grocery going in there is some sort of Publix. I'm not believing it, but I've heard it from 2 more sources in the past 2 weeks.

2 minutes ago, AmIReal said:

There was briefly a place in the current Artisan's Table, previously Urban Flats, that was restaurant/ cocktail lounge/ night club. They did some Indian fusion that was really bad. I think the name had "west" in it, but not sure. Is that the place you're speaking of?

I know we all hear of their financial fragility, but they sure do seem to get out a lot to eat and drink. Granted, they prefer cheap.

Duckweed or something like it would be great. Their is a rise in this type market

https://www.loopnet.com/learn/the-rise-of-the-grocerant/1756106191/

And I keep hearing rumors the grocery going in there is some sort of Publix. I'm not believing it, but I've heard it from 2 more sources in the past 2 weeks.

How many sf are in there? It seems too small a space for any Publix format I know of and the folks in Lakeland rarely do anything on the fly. I’m with you and remain skeptical. I still think a Publix Liquors downtown would do well, though.