Modera Central | 23-Story Residential

bic

1 hour ago, jgardnerucf said:

But, it is the worst parking garage in America.

Not exactly.  It's evil twin is in Chicago across from the former RR Donnelly Building in The Loop.  Except with that garage, they actually painted it and put colored stripes on the grounds.  Kuhn is from Chi-town.  So I recon the basic garage plan was duplicated and put to use in The Plaza.

Edited by jrs2

2 hours ago, jgardnerucf said:

But, it is the worst parking garage in America.

This combined with the ridiculously over-the-top security is the reason I wouldn't buy there.  Yes, I'm walking back to my apartment with 2 friends.  No, they don't need to freaking sign in.  I'm paying the damn HOA fees, leave me alone.

21 minutes ago, AndyPok1 said:

This combined with the ridiculously over-the-top security is the reason I wouldn't buy there.  Yes, I'm walking back to my apartment with 2 friends.  No, they don't need to freaking sign in.  I'm paying the damn HOA fees, leave me alone.

I dunno.

In this day and age it seems to me like there's no such thing as too much security.

Just wait until some goofball loaded down with weapons and ammunition decides that building would make a good target to enact his vengeance upon society in. 

Well it's cliche, but A) that mindset is what terrorists want, so I do my part by not believing in it.  B ) Don't get me wrong, I want security.  But when I use my FOB to open the door, I wave to security, and I'm talking with the people walking in with me, they're my guests.  They don't need to register.  That's overly cumbersome and a massive turnoff for me.

11 minutes ago, AndyPok1 said:

Well it's cliche, but A) that mindset is what terrorists want, so I do my part by not believing in it.  B ) Don't get me wrong, I want security.  But when I use my FOB to open the door, I wave to security, and I'm talking with the people walking in with me, they're my guests.  They don't need to register.  That's overly cumbersome and a massive turnoff for me.

I get what you're saying and I don't mean to come across as being argumentative, but there are so many different unknowable scenarios that could play out that I think all they can do is adopt a blanket policy and stick to it for everyone, because it would be impossible to tailor their policy to fit every resident.

And then of course there's the issue of liability.

Let some kook carry out a violent act in there and the personal injury lawyers would be climbing over each other's backs to sue the owners for millions.

I guess I just kinda see their side of it.

9 minutes ago, AndyPok1 said:

Oh I see the side, but I'm just saying it's a burden.  My home shouldn't be a burden.  It's a reason I haven't purchased there and I know others that haven't for the same reason.  Plus that parking garage.

I think that level of security and the attendant inconvenience is or is going to be, the new reality for all people who live in high rise buildings like that.

Sign of the times, unfortunately.

On 8/31/2017 at 10:33 PM, dcluley98 said:

You know, at this point, I would kinda look at buying a condo at a discount rate in Solaire. Lake View-Shmake view. We got density, we got grocery, we got a Walgreens, we got restaurants, we got a movie theater downstairs, we can walk to a Performing Arts theater or a soccer game, we can enjoy ourselves downtown and not worry about an uber and be right THERE. Discount it poorly reacting to the lack of the lake. I can walk to the lake, I don't need to see it when I wake up every day. 

/Probably still couldn't afford it even if it over-corrects.

What price range would be considered a discount rate? And how many beds/baths/sq ft are you looking for? Any other condos in the CBD that you'd consider buying?

50 minutes ago, nite owℓ said:

What price range would be considered a discount rate? And how many beds/baths/sq ft are you looking for? Any other condos in the CBD that you'd consider buying?

I'm not exactly buying. . . just saying that a bargain for DT would be appreciated from these levels. 

/broke millennial problems

41 minutes ago, JFW657 said:

Even after it's finished you probably just barely be able to see the top of the roof line.

That is a good shot and a sweet as hell old school jeep cherokee!

From the other photo I see you were parked on I-4 JFW. hahaha, typical. Be careful when taking the next shot. I am sure you can find a time you will be parked there again!

Edited by dcluley98
other context.

45 minutes ago, dcluley98 said:

That is a good shot and a sweet as hell old school jeep cherokee!

From the other photo I see you were parked on I-4 JFW. hahaha, typical. Be careful when taking the next shot. I am sure you can find a time you will be parked there again!

While I appreciate the compliment, I must point out that you got me confused with nite owl the actual photographer of said photographs.

But thanks anyway. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...