Modera Central | 23-Story Residential

bic

1 minute ago, AndyPok1 said:

:thinking_emoji: ;)

But no... I do think it will more likely make it (as opposed to disney springs, still not sure of viability long term).  The venn diagram overlap of sneakerheads and disney tourists doesn't seem to be huge in my mind.  

That’s a good point and I thought about that (and the NBA experience apparently is not lighting up turnstiles out there). I guess my concern is that sheer numbers at DS trump downtown. Upwardly mobile moms and dads may not be into it, but how about all their kids trying to be too cool for school? I suppose that was the idea and it didn’t work.

I also wonder if this would have made more sense over by the Am somewhere. Of course, that’s what the MEC is for if it ever gets built.

Rent at DS has to be enormous while walk up customers is probably really low. Downtown probably makes a lot more sense being close to Amway, and if Marcus lives downtown then even more reason to move (no idea if he actually does). 

It's not like this thing has to make money, it just can't lose a ton. There's a YouTube series where they take celebrities shoe shopping, usually at a place in NYC. It'd be neat if Marcus could get them to come down to his place or if he could do something similar. 

• Like 1

If TR has to rely solely on foot traffic from downtowners, they'll likely have a rough go of it.

They're going to need a lot of customers driving in from the 'burbs to stay afloat.

Given the expense and hassle of parking downtown, I'm thinking that might be an insurmountable hurdle. 

Not the damn location. I'm talking about y'all out of touch with griping and poo ing it.  The jumpman brand is much more than sneakers. It's golf, college, pro, and lifestyle. Plenty of ballers here in town dig it. Plus you can get a free pick n roll next door with a concrete column while Waldorf and Statler pump iron and shake their fists.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, jgardnerucf said:

Not the damn location. I'm talking about y'all out of touch with griping and poo ing it.  The jumpman brand is much more than sneakers. It's golf, college, pro, and lifestyle. Plenty of ballers here in town dig it. Plus you can get a free pick n roll next door with a concrete column while Waldorf and Statler pump iron and shake their fists.

Oh, I think it’s awesome and I acknowledged how out of sync I am with my early model NB’s.

I just wonder if it will work in that location. If it flies, I’m all for it! Someplace closer to the Am or along the bar district seems like its audience might have. been more likely to find it.

As it is, it’s surrounded by churches and the library. Hopefully, he’s got a bat signal to send up so the likely audience may find him.

Or, as someone noted much of the business is online, social media will hopefully send folks flocking. I’m looking forward to seeing how it goes.

Now only if I could only convince the old Mainers at LLBean to come to the neighborhood. Heck, I’d settle for a store anywhere in Florida!

TR is first and foremost a hobby, it doesn’t necessarily need to turn a profit to stay afloat. As long as it’s fun to run it’ll stay open. 

Personally I welcome it, it’s a good looking store and a lot more interesting than most other things that could have gone in the spot. 

• Like 3

41 nights a year you have 15 NBA players a block away in the grand bo. Plus you have plenty of pga golfers here (Keegan is jumpman. Marcus does a thing for The Arnie every year). Plus you have plenty of pro athletes in on and off season living here. Plus you have yuppie millennials with Boca 'rents money. Plus you have online. Plus you have tourists that flock for rare finds and exclusives. Plus... anywho; rant over, don't wanna off topic derail ha. So, you rockin NB 574's or NB 991's?

6 minutes ago, jgardnerucf said:

41 nights a year you have 15 NBA players a block away in the grand bo. Plus you have plenty of pga golfers here (Keegan is jumpman. Marcus does a thing for The Arnie every year). Plus you have plenty of pro athletes in on and off season living here. Plus you have yuppie millennials with Boca 'rents money. Plus you have online. Plus you have tourists that flock for rare finds and exclusives. Plus... anywho; rant over, don't wanna off topic derail ha. So, you rockin NB 574's or NB 991's?

574’s, baby! ALTHOUGH, on my current pair from Nordstrom, the back and bottoms are hot pink (the rest is navy and white) so I’m stylin’ with the cool kids!

My evangelical brother declared them “so gay!”, but. I reminded him I was, too. Then I think he prayed for me but I was content.

Edited by spenser1058
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, sethM said:

Does TR really need to turn a huge profit? No. 

Huh? 

2 hours ago, sethM said:

TR is first and foremost a hobby, it doesn’t necessarily need to turn a profit to stay afloat. As long as it’s fun to run it’ll stay open. 

Personally I welcome it, it’s a good looking store and a lot more interesting than most other things that could have gone in the spot. 

Is there some place where it says this is a hobby for the son of Jordan? Nobody wants to embarrass themselves with no customers or revenue, lets' be real here. Daddy won't want to pay for these silly ideas forever. 

Edited by Jvest55
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, JFW657 said:

I thought it was an appointment only store.

But still..... 

You could definitely be right. I never went so have no clue. I got invited to a party there working on a state house race once but we ended up going to Tally  and I never got to see it.

Edited by spenser1058

9 minutes ago, spenser1058 said:

You could definitely be right. I never went so have no clue. I got invited to a party there working on a state house race once but we ended up going to Tally  and I never got to see it.

I looked in the windows once.

I could tell that it probably wasn't an actual "store" in the traditional sense, because there was practically nothing inside.

Maybe a half dozen or so Les Paul guitars hanging from or somehow affixed to the walls.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JFW657 said:

I looked in the windows once.

I could tell that it probably wasn't an actual "store" in the traditional sense, because there was practically nothing inside.

Maybe a half dozen or so Les Paul guitars hanging from or somehow affixed to the walls.

The best part to me was the little neon sign. Yellow neon is not used that much so it was very cool, if small.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jvest55 said:

lets' be real here. Daddy won't want to pay for these silly ideas forever. 

Let's be real HERE. I'm sorry you're quite wrong on his perception in the game. He's on the board of Jumpman brand for Pete's sakes and is an industry staple in the biz and lifestyle of that industry. Just admit you don't know what you're talking about here on this please.

11 minutes ago, jgardnerucf said:

Let's be real HERE. I'm sorry you're quite wrong on his perception in the game. He's on the board of Jumpman brand for Pete's sakes and is an industry staple in the biz and lifestyle of that industry. Just admit you don't know what you're talking about here on this please.

Succeed or fail makes no difference to me.

I just wish something that I'd find interesting and actually want to shop at was going in there.

17 hours ago, spenser1058 said:

Maybe it will be like Zou Zou’s at TPC. I think it was @codypetwho noted it never made a profit but still lasted a decade or so.

Whatever works, if it’s retail instead of another weird-concept restaurant, it’s a plus.

Correct.  My buddy owned the Crepe Restaurant that was there for a while and he had discussions with the manager of Tijuana Flats, and the owner of Zou Zou, and the Zou Zou owner mentioned the location didn't really make money. 

• Thanks 1