Modera Central | 23-Story Residential

bic

15 hours ago, Jvest55 said:

Huh? 

Is there some place where it says this is a hobby for the son of Jordan? Nobody wants to embarrass themselves with no customers or revenue, lets' be real here. Daddy won't want to pay for these silly ideas forever. 

The MJ shop does seem like a niche retailer, but to a sneakerhead... those shoes are the equivalent of a birkin bag lol. I don't understand either infatuation, but to each his/her own. Let them enjoy their tulips ;)

Apparently a high end sneaker shop already exists a few blocks away on Magnolia: https://www.instagram.com/status_orlando/. I have no idea when they opened or how long they've been in business.

Edited by nite owℓ
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, jgardnerucf said:

Let's be real HERE. I'm sorry you're quite wrong on his perception in the game. He's on the board of Jumpman brand for Pete's sakes and is an industry staple in the biz and lifestyle of that industry. Just admit you don't know what you're talking about here on this please.

Ah a fan boy. Last I checked being on a board doesn't mean squat. What has Jordan junior accomplished? Just riding the coattails, that's about it. 

Here's a highlight of his very very small Wikipedia page, LMAO 

"While underage, Jordan tweeted about spending $35,000 at a nightclub in Las Vegas, prompting an investigation"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marcus_Jordan

11 minutes ago, Jvest55 said:

Ah a fan boy. Last I checked being on a board doesn't mean squat. What has Jordan junior accomplished? Just riding the coattails, that's about it. 

Here's a highlight of his very very small Wikipedia page, LMAO 

"While underage, Jordan tweeted about spending $35,000 at a nightclub in Las Vegas, prompting an investigation"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marcus_Jordan

He actually has a decent amount of cred in that world. It came granted by way of his father, but I see no issue with that- what he does with it is really all that matters. And bottom line, he is contributing something downtown. 

https://solecollector.com/news/2017/01/marcus-jordan-michael-jordan-son-trophy-room

• Thanks 1

I don't see what the big deal is. I love the move. Sure, it's a niche store, but it's also fairly interesting for passersby to look at and is overall a good looking store. Of all the stuff that could have potentially gone in it's on the best case scenario side. I hope he's there for a long time. 

My previous point about him not needing to turn a big profit is just that, a slow quarter isn't going to shut him down. He's passionate about sneakers and has plenty of funding to work with. 

• Like 2

As a 23 y.o. I could care less about the Sneaker world but its a HUGE part of the youth culture, specifically for the African American and Hispanic Millenial and Gen Z groups (4 combined demographics that Orlando has a big # of... believe me I went to public school with them), its ignorant to ignore a gigantic sale/re-sale industry

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, spenser1058 said:

One certainly can’t say the retail folks at Modera are stuck in a rut when it comes to their target market.

True.

You'll be able to grab a baguette or some rolls at the bakery, a package of cold cuts and condiments to make a sandwich, then chips and a drink to go with it at DGX then hit the Trophy Room for a pair of sneakers to slop it all over. 

Sounds like an afternoon to me!!!! :thumbsup:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, JFW657 said:

True.

You'll be able to grab a baguette or some rolls at the bakery, a package of cold cuts and condiments to make a sandwich, then chips and a drink to go with it at DGX then hit the Trophy Room for a pair of sneakers to slop it all over. 

Sounds like an afternoon to me!!!! :thumbsup:

hopefully they can add a tattoo place or a vape store or maybe a med marijuana place to finish off the day.

Seriously I'm happy with anything they add to the fabric at this time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jernigan said:

It’s sort of a microcosm for the ecosystem that is Orlandoans never being satisfied with downtown retail 

As far as Modera is concerned, I'm more than happy with the bakery and the DGX.

I think that's the kind of stuff that downtown needs more of.

I can easily see myself popping in either or both places to grab lunch or just a snack etc, anytime I was in the vicinity.

To me the sneaker store is as useless as a Victoria's Secret, so I guess I'm dissatisfied with that. 

• 3 weeks later...
18 hours ago, AmIReal said:

I drove by DGX today and didn't realize they already had the signage up on Rosalind. Also, mid day today they had the sidewalk lined with boxes and cartons of product... I assume that is stock going in, which make me think they are shooting for month end open.

I walked by it yesterday and there's no way. The only thing that was done was concrete flooring. There were still bare walls and metal columns inside. I'll walk by it today and see what the status is. The signage wasn't there the other day either - so that's new. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/6/2020 at 4:52 PM, JFW657 said:

I just found out a couple of days ago that the art panels on Modera were fabricated and installed by a company I worked for back in the early to mid 90's.

It's weird how that happens.  A friend of mine bought a car cover tent and I thought it was nice.  It had the logo of a company I worked for previously on it.  I was like "there is no way it's the same company, cable companies don't make car covers!" I texted a friend who still works there and it was true!  They started making little tents for installers to stay out of the hot sun.  That expanded to car covers, but they apparently are getting out of the game because it isn't very profitable..  Who knew?

• Like 2

On 2/7/2020 at 11:46 AM, Jernigan said:

A39C80BA-E90F-4550-8F81-EDCCEA4714AC.jpeg

I wou8ld never know that was a retailer by the design of that sign.  It looks more like a digital media company sign you may see in CV.

Also, why put "Orlando" in the sign?  This isn't Hard Rock Café or Planet Hollywood where the expectation is that it's the only location in town.  And if that is the expectation, then...all that signage hype for a DGX?  They should do that for Taco Bell Cantina by contrast because that is a brand that's in a handful of cities that's a sort of destination.  DGX isn't...is it?

Edited by jrs2

18 minutes ago, jrs2 said:

I wou8ld never know that was a retailer by the design of that sign.  It looks more like a digital media company sign you may see in CV.

Also, why put "Orlando" in the sign?  This isn't Hard Rock Café or Planet Hollywood where the expectation is that it's the only location in town.  And if that is the expectation, then...all that signage hype for a DGX?  They should do that for Taco Bell Cantina by contrast because that is a brand that's in a handful of cities that's a sort of destination.  DGX isn't...is it?

Not only the design, but the size.

It's miniscule.

I guess that's all zoning will allow, but it would look better a little bigger and up on that larger white area just above where it is in the pic.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JFW657 said:

Not only the design, but the size.

It's miniscule.

I guess that's all zoning will allow, but it would look better a little bigger and up on that larger white area just above where it is in the pic.

it kind of reminds me of the Hollywood Video sign/logo; the "X" legs remind me of floodlights and the "Orlando" font points to that too.  It's all good.  I hope it's successful.