Modera Central | 23-Story Residential

bic

I miss the ‘60’s when all the neon signs made Colonial Drive look like a miniature version of the Vegas strip. My favorite was the Western Way sign where the cowboy threw his lasso. 

Then the ‘70’s came and we got boring, mansard roofed Mickey D’s in brown and beige. Maybe Mrs. Bucket loved it but I didn’t...

30 minutes ago, spenser1058 said:

I miss the ‘60’s when all the neon signs made Colonial Drive look like a miniature version of the Vegas strip. My favorite was the Western Way sign where the cowboy threw his lasso. 

Then the ‘70’s came and we got boring, mansard roofed Mickey D’s in brown and beige. Maybe Mrs. Bucket loved it but I didn’t...

Screenshot-206.png

Edited by JFW657
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/6/2020 at 2:39 PM, AmIReal said:

I drove by DGX today and didn't realize they already had the signage up on Rosalind. Also, mid day today they had the sidewalk lined with boxes and cartons of product... I assume that is stock going in, which make me think they are shooting for month end open.

You called it.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Metro said:

The sign for the French bakery is now up.

38 minutes ago, HankStrong said:

Ooh la la!

Will this soon be a common site around Lake Eola?

beret.jpg  Screenshot-219.png

Sacre bleu!!!                                    Oui oui!!!!                                              

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, JFW657 said:

All these "Star Track" (that's what I thought it was called when I was a kid in the 60's) references are over my head.

Never saw any of the later versions after the original cast and crew.  

We’ll make a Trekkie of you yet! Assuming, of course, as Shatner suggested at a Trek convention, that you have no life... ;-)

On 2/21/2020 at 7:53 PM, JFW657 said:

All these "Star Track" (that's what I thought it was called when I was a kid in the 60's) references are over my head.

Never saw any of the later versions after the original cast and crew.  

...then Q probably means nothing to you...

...and that is a sad thing...

main-qimg-cc544acd0be589945601bad36eeb9752.gif

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Someone suggested a while back just how awful downtown Orlando was in response to the DGX opening. This story in the Sentinel notes the first DGX opened in Nashville in 2016 so I guess the Music City has a lousy downtown, too. Personally, I think that puts us in pretty good company.

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/os-cfb-dollar-general-downtown-orlando-20200311-ska4nyx5ubchtl7wyypi2f2oa4-story.html

On 3/10/2020 at 12:02 PM, Metro said:

The DGX store is now open.

I went in today. They're still stocking some stuff on shelves. It's nice. I hope it stays nice. Had some well priced items as well. Soda and Energy Drinks were a good $1 cheaper than 7-Eleven. 

• Like 2