Modera Central | 23-Story Residential

bic

1 hour ago, codypet said:

Does anyone know how the parking works in Moderna?  I was picking up scooters off of Pine and saw a sign for retail parking in the garage.  But it has a garage door.  How do you open that if you're going to the bakery or DGX?

Step 1: Rent an apartment...

Does anyone know how the parking works in Moderna?  I was picking up scooters off of Pine and saw a sign for retail parking in the garage.  But it has a garage door.  How do you open that if you're going to the bakery or DGX?

There is a retail lot with an entrance on Pine and one on Central with no "door". There is an entrance with a door right next to it too though that's confusing. It's a very small lot though. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bqknight said:

There is a retail lot with an entrance on Pine and one on Central with no "door". There is an entrance with a door right next to it too though that's confusing. It's a very small lot though. 

Darn. I thought codypet was going to join the UC to get a parking spot and tell us how the 1% live!

Pine Side.  (Garage door is open at this moment receiving is closed)

image.thumb.png.8314fb8eb7ccbf201aa2b4dba0111bc1.png

Central Side.  I'm still not sure how you get in if you're trying to get to the retail and both doors are closed.

image.thumb.png.480ec8eb528646b89a0da8787539e833.png

Were these pics taken during the retails' business hours? 

46 minutes ago, JFW657 said:

Were these pics taken during the retails' business hours? 

I doubt it since DGX just opened.  These streetview shots are probably a month old.  Maybe you're right and they have them open for the business hours.  When I walked by it was later than 9pm.

Edited by codypet
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, gibby said:

Both Pine and Central garage doors are always open when I walk by, including this morning.  I don't think I've ever seen them closed.  It's surprising that there isn't a cut-through traffic issue.

I've seen them closed and actually close behind cars. I'm very confused by them as well. This was before any retail opened so might be why.

48 minutes ago, codypet said:

So out tonight at 8pm DGX is open until midnight.  The garage doors are closed.  Someone (clearly a resident) has his F-250 at the door with his clicker out the window.  I'm still baffled how you get in there with the doors closed.  

I suppose the assumption is that after hours when the city has stopped enforcing parking meters, any non-Modera resident who wants to shop there, will just park on the street. Why bother parking in the garage when there are plenty of on-street parking spaces nearby?

On weekend nights when the on-street parking is tight, I doubt many people will drive into downtown just to visit DGX anyway.

Most of their evening foot traffic will probably be from people who are already downtown anyway. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, codypet said:

So out tonight at 8pm DGX is open until midnight.  The garage doors are closed.  Someone (clearly a resident) has his F-250 at the door with his clicker out the window.  I'm still baffled how you get in there with the doors closed.  

An F-250 and living at Modera? Good Lord , we’ve become Texas!

Oh well, maybe we’ll get an H•E•B. I’ve always wanted to shop in one.

3 hours ago, spenser1058 said:

Woohoo! @JFW657 is gonna be so jealous. I got a 20% off coupon in the mail today for DGX.

I wonder if they have any bleach - Target is all out. If I don’t get some by next weekend, my tighty whities will be so drab.

they were out of stuff like alcohol, etc. on Friday. 

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, prahaboheme said:

Certainly proof that DTO can sustain more than one grocer in the urban core (even if DGX is more of a limited variety). Shouldn’t be inconceivable that an urban Target or Ace hardware is far behind (post-Covid 19 that is).

Been to DGX a few times. I of course would rather go to Publix for my complete grocery needs but DGX is on my way home from work (I walk) and they have some pretty solid deals on things I buy frequently. Definitely an upgrade over a 7-eleven. I hope they keep it clean, it's nice...for now. 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, bqknight said:

Been to DGX a few times. I of course would rather go to Publix for my complete grocery needs but DGX is on my way home from work (I walk) and they have some pretty solid deals on things I buy frequently. Definitely an upgrade over a 7-eleven. I hope they keep it clean, it's nice...for now. 

I just hope they can keep it open!!!

I guess because they sell food and other necessities, they should ride this storm out fairly easily.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, codypet said:

I don't see an ACE going in the downtown area unless the core really starts pushing westward.   Toole's right now feels their Sodo and Colonial locations are sufficient to cover downtown.  I can't say I disagree right now.  

Prior to Publix entering the downtown market many said the same thing about the viability of a grocery store in the core. 
Now, a decade after the opening of Publix, that thought is a distant memory and the current Publix is arguably insufficient to meet the needs of the community.  I always thought it would be successful although must admit I didn’t predict how popular it would quickly become.

I think an Ace Hardware would follow a similar path because, let’s be honest, if you live downtown you just don’t want to deal with the hassle of SODO.