Modera Central | 23-Story Residential

bic

I still would be very surprised if they secured financing as of now considering the current market. However, they are doing a good job slow-rolling it and making baby steps forward, especially compared to the other two apartment highrises that were seeking approval at the same time, which by now everyone has to realize were decoys to sell the underlying land. It will all come down to demo - you know they won't knock down the current building unless it is 100% a go. 

At this point with the slowdown I am for this going up because it might be the last "high rise" we see after Citi Tower. Rather see a hideous high rise attached to a racist club than just a racist club and a parking lot.

Edited by GTR

22 hours ago, GTR said:

I still would be very surprised if they secured financing as of now considering the current market. However, they are doing a good job slow-rolling it and making baby steps forward, especially compared to the other two apartment highrises that were seeking approval at the same time, which by now everyone has to realize were decoys to sell the underlying land. It will all come down to demo - you know they won't knock down the current building unless it is 100% a go. 

At this point with the slowdown I am for this going up because it might be the last "high rise" we see after Citi Tower. Rather see a hideous high rise attached to a racist club than just a racist club and a parking lot.

Seriously ? A number of cities are experiencing historic (or near historic) booms ... and Orlando winds up with a 23 story rental and maybe a 22 story rental ?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jack said:

Tradition Towers is too expensive to construct. Remember how much it was advertised to buy one? 

I think it was $600,000 for about a 1400 sq ft 2 bedroom split plan on the 20th floor facing north if I recall

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, FLClarkKent said:

The Sentinel is reporting that the University Club sold their property today, moving this project forward. Construction to begin late 2016. 

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/brinkmann-on-business/os-university-club-modera-20160801-story.html

Mitigation demo should start late this week