Citi Tower | 23-Story Residential [Under Construction]

bic

The eye seems more suitable for someplace like Signature Plaza or City Hall.

Shame they can't swap around the locations of the Eola eyeball and the City Hall asparagus.

I think the asparagus would look and feel more at home in the park.

Typical Orlando though. We seem to get everything backwards.

3 hours ago, sunshine said:

Can this thing fit a CVS at the ground floor? CVS got to be itching for a place downtown now that Walgreens is coming....

If I am the marketing person for the retail space....

They are marketing a 10k sqft space with top of building signage. Although its been removed from loopnet and JLL wiped it off their site. Must be a new broker coming in.

19 hours ago, sunshine said:

Can this thing fit a CVS at the ground floor?

Is 10k too small for a drug store? A full-size suburban one is up to 25k, but I guess they could do an urban version. I don't know if a small version of the store would warrant the top-of-building signage (and price), especially so close to a Publix pharmacy. 

A drug store would be cool, but I work less than a block from there and wouldn't mind another lunch/dinner option... 

5 hours ago, alex said:

Is 10k too small for a drug store? A full-size suburban one is up to 25k, but I guess they could do an urban version. I don't know if a small version of the store would warrant the top-of-building signage (and price), especially so close to a Publix pharmacy. 

A drug store would be cool, but I work less than a block from there and wouldn't mind another lunch/dinner option... 

I second a dining option.  Particularly one with a quick lunch.   I don't think restaurant owners realize how many people work/visit the county administration building and the two other county buildings on South St.  I can't tell you how many people I've heard ask where the nearest place to grab food is.  Besides, all fo these new apt dwellers nearby are going to want a place for dinner/drinks

7 minutes ago, Universe_Explorer said:

I second a dining option.  Particularly one with a quick lunch.   I don't think restaurant owners realize how many people work/visit the county administration building and the two other county buildings on South St.  I can't tell you how many people I've heard ask where the nearest place to grab food is.  Besides, all fo these new apt dwellers nearby are going to want a place for dinner/drinks

Agreed. Would love more quick food places. Pizza @ was a nice addition, I enjoy it a lot. Baoery is quite nice too. There is a spot in 420 that is meant for a restaurant (I believe) but I would really love some more fast casual type places around the area. 

2 minutes ago, sunshine said:

That explain why nothing under the sanctuary stayed open...

Those were too far from the county buildings and took too long for lunch.  I'm thinking more like Nature's Table, etc.  Walk by there at noon on a Wednesday and the line reaches the end of the door.  I don't know, I'm not a business owner/entrepreneur (probably for the better!)  It just seems like a need in that immediate area

• Like 2

I live by Lake Underhill. Everytime when my friends suggested going downtown to eat, I just could not think of a decent restaurant with good price that I want to go. Food in downtown Orlando either has Winter Park price or very low end like tacos xxxxxx. IF they can get a Chipotle, ale house, cheesecake factory ...down there, it will be great. Downtown need some chains to get the mom & pop restaurants to step up their game. Even Mills has better options than downtown. City Tower....do it!!!!

• Like 1

I always wanted a takeout wing joint in the DT area like Wing Stop or Wing Zone.  For the life of me, I can't figure out why there wouldn't be one of these in the DT core.  Sure, there are a couple of restaurants you can get wings at like Harry Buffalo, or Alehouse on Colonial, but no quick takeout or delivery place that I know of.  I don't count the pizza place wings, because let's be honest, they suck.

Also, not saying this should go in Citi Tower, because a broader menu fast casual place would probably be best there.  Just saying I think one would be nice somewhere downtown, and would probably do good business. 

Edited by dcluley98