Citi Tower | 23-Story Residential [Under Construction]

bic

I saw that, too, but was it two floors or first floor + mezzanine level? The original amount of retail I saw was 25k sq ft, but now the listings all say 10k sq ft. I think @popsiclebrandon is right that they're only marketing the 10k part for now. 

I was just reading about restaurant sizes, and something like a Chipotle can fit into about 2,500 sq ft. If the total space is 25k, I wonder if we'll see something like:

• 10k - Drugstore 
  • 5k - Restaurant
  • 2.5k - Restaurant/Take-Out/Cafe
  • 2.5k - Convenience Store/Retail
  • 2.5k - [Office/Retail]
  • 2.5k - [Office/Retail] 

13 minutes ago, castorvx said:

I agree. Chipotle would do quite well down here. 

I'm really excited about the coming decade for downtown. I think we will witness another transformation as all of these residential projects create the necessary customer base for awakening of the retail segment.

I would LOVE that, however, with a Chipotle right in SoDo and another right on Colonial, I do not think they would open another location there. What about a Fresh-to-Order or Little Greek. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You know, I always envisioned this building filling in that gap in the skyline from this view.  I did not think, however, that you would still be able to see the StarTower in between it and the others.  The slim profile and tall top feature lit up in the night is going to look really, really cool juxtaposed with its surroundings.

Edited by dcluley98

I think small gaps in skylines are good things. Gives that desired "jagged" look.

It's the really wide ones that need filling in.

That having been said, this is still a very welcome addition.

I think the best visual impact it will have will be from the 408 as you drive west towards I-4.

• Like 1