Sign in to follow this  
bic

Citi Tower | 23-Story Residential [Under Construction]

Where do you suggest it go up? I can't think of where you're referencing. I like the location of this project. Right now it's a dirt parking lot and should go a long way in leading the development between central and south street.

Central is pretty dense as-is. Glad to see development moving southward with this project, the brownstone development, and Artisan 420.

Where do you suggest it go up? I can't think of where you're referencing. I like the location of this project. Right now it's a dirt parking lot and should go a long way in leading the development between central and south street.

I said I wish it could've gone up there.

IOW, had there been an open spot for it.

Like had this spot been available maybe....

ecentrl.jpg

I'd rather see THAT ^...

CitiTower_PART-2b.jpg

where THIS ^ is going... 

...and THAT ^ going right on Central.

JMHO.

it may have some visibility from certain areas of Lake Eola Park - as STAR tower is in skyline view when you are walking around the north side of the park.

True, but I just think Citi Tower is such a nice looking design, that I wish it could go where it could be seen from the ground up & appreciated from a greater distance.

And of course in a more open & high profile location.

This building looks better than anything currently on Central which is kind of a waste. 

IMO.

• Like 1

I think that it says alot that it's going up on Pine St instead; it kind of brings more value to the Pine St. corridor; it continues what 101 Eola, Eola South, Sanctuary, and the backs of the rest of the row of Central Ave buildings have already brought to the table- design-wise and density-wise.

It appears that the foundation and construction fence permits have been issued.  Hopefully, I'll see some activity over there when I walk by later today.

• Like 1

the fence is up; just a fence; not covered or anything like a construction fence with green or other colored tarp.

I'm not a betting person, but I'd be more than comfortable putting money down that Citi Tower doesn't happen.  At least not in it's current form.  

Why not in it's current form?

I'm guessing because like most everything else that ends up getting built around here, it will end up being cut down to about 6 or 8 stories.

And looking like a shoebox.

Probably a white & grey one.