Citi Tower | 23-Story Residential [Under Construction]

bic

So.  If you drive down Lake Ave., now, from Central, this building and 420 have more or less completed the entire streetscape to Jackson.  And it's really nice.  The wall is down and you really get a feel for the transformation of Lake.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jernigan said:

It's true the ARB wasn't specific but when I searched for the company name I found an article mentioning them expanding to Orlando.    And Scratch was accurate 

I mean, I hope it's true. That would be awesome. As long as it's quality, I think it would do well. Pizza@ seems to be doing well and I love having that option here. 

Walked by yesterday. They were installing gym equipment so seems pretty close. Not sure if they will hit Aug 1 move ins but close.

But the sidewalks outside the retails are too narrow for sidewalk seating so any restaurant going in to those won't be able to have outside seating.

Not really related but nice to see a bridal shop take up one of the big 420 spots. Those are the types of things that will work in lower foot traffic spots.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, popsiclebrandon said:

Walked by yesterday. They were installing gym equipment so seems pretty close. Not sure if they will hit Aug 1 move ins but close.

But the sidewalks outside the retails are too narrow for sidewalk seating so any restaurant going in to those won't be able to have outside seating.

Not really related but nice to see a bridal shop take up one of the big 420 spots. Those are the types of things that will work in lower foot traffic spots.

I noticed that the other day.  I totally agree.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, jrs2 said:

I noticed that the other day.  I totally agree.

I live in 420, the Bridal shop seems to be doing very well. Always a huge list of people visiting on weekends. They are also a wedding planner I believe. 

YogaMix does very well too I believe. 

• Like 3

On 7/26/2017 at 5:20 PM, bqknight said:

I live in 420, the Bridal shop seems to be doing very well. Always a huge list of people visiting on weekends. They are also a wedding planner I believe. 

YogaMix does very well too I believe. 

that's fantastic news.  I think CitiTower will bring more foot traffic that way from Pine St. and help out even more with it's own retail spaces, and it's general pedestrian "magnetism" brought on by it's mere presence and improvements to the street level.  I love it.  That really helps that 'hood out a lot.

Maintaining a consistency in relation to the established walks in the area is the compromise. Half is a leasing office/main entrance anyway. Plus, it's off the main drag and it fits in nicely with 420s. It's consistent. Not a giant paved eyesore. Step aside and say hello to your fellow neighbors if your marching a walkathon down that side. Lol

• Like 1

14 hours ago, UngaBungalow said:

I wonder why they didn't go hardscape up to the curb? I dig it though. 

It's a Florida thing, I see the same thing in Miami, it's sometimes even worse in some areas when I come across 5ft sidewalks, and the other 5 or so feet to the curb is just grass, or "nature band-aids" if you will. Might as well just extend the sidewalk to the curb and put in grates for trees. Though for South Eola, the 8ft sidewalks there are appropriately sized, but pretty much only for walking.

22 minutes ago, alex said:

* Too narrow for cafe seating.

Also, for two pairs of people to walk past each other comfortably (i.e. 4 people wide) a sidewalk should be 10 feet wide. That should really be minimum for downtown areas, especially for buildings this tall. 

I tend to agree, but with 15ft sidewalks with 10ft clear area and the other 5ft for street furniture and trees.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, alex said:

* Too narrow for cafe seating.

Also, for two pairs of people to walk past each other comfortably (i.e. 4 people wide) a sidewalk should be 10 feet wide. That should really be minimum for downtown areas, especially for buildings this tall. 

I'll take the typical 25' wide sidewalks in Midtown Manhattan.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, metal93 said:

It's a Florida thing, I see the same thing in Miami, it's sometimes even worse in some areas when I come across 5ft sidewalks, and the other 5 or so feet to the curb is just grass, or "nature band-aids" if you will.

Supposedly the strips are very effective at pre-treating and filtering storm water runoff, so its supposedly less strenuous on the ponds, keeping them healthier on top of asborbing some of the water so it doesn't need to run through the storm drain. 

Edited by aent
  • Like 1

ahhh....to me it just creates more maintenance and upkeep, so when not kept up regularly you can tell right away. Also side walk cafes make a neighborhood more quaint. Narrow sidewalks eliminate that possibility

8 hours ago, prahaboheme said:

those paths are about 20 feet...

Edited by orlandouprise

19 hours ago, prahaboheme said:

I like the park-like design of the sidewalks in South Eola / Thornton Park. I was recently in Mexico City and noticed a similar approach in residential areas.

IMG_0196.JPG

It's probably too late for something like this downtown. If only there were a wide neighborhood corridor undergoing redesign right now... *cough* Corrine Drive *cough* 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...