Sign in to follow this  
bic

Citi Tower | 23-Story Residential [Under Construction]

jrs2    380
On 8/20/2017 at 3:32 AM, jgardnerucf said:

PSA to property management in charge of DMX lighting control app... C'mon. Step your game up.  :::shakes fist at Amway...:::

...like a similar control scheme for that BOA building in Times Square at Jackson Park where you can control the color of the spire...kind of...

Decided to go take the tour today.

Looked at 3 different units and all the amenities and it was interesting. The views are incredible. You can basically see all parts of Orlando from the pool/amenity deck and its incredible. One unit I looked at had an incredible view of the lake, city, and executive airport. The common areas are all really nice and they are giving an entire floor to guest parking in the garage for residents. All of that they hit out of the park.

The actually units though are a huge disappointment. The washer/dryer were very nice but the rest of the appliances were pretty meh. I looked at 2 different 2 bedroom and 1 1 bedroom and the 1 bedroom had the most space. The master in each unit had some of the smallest bathrooms I've ever seen. Rooms were barely bigger, it would be hard to fit a bed, dresser, and end tables. Then they had some random weird halls in them that just wasted space. Very ugly carpet inside them as well, not sure why doing the interior cement walls you could then put down carpet but they did it. Oh and the front doors like just like the doors in the residence halls at UCF.

Overall it seems like someone read an article about what millennials like, threw it up all over the place and decided to charge 40% more than any other apartment in the area. If it was normally priced I'd consider it for the location, views, and amenities but with the low quality of the actual units I'd never do it for what they are priced now.

• Like 2

jrs2    380

Do you guys think that this and other projects like it are being built with the notion that they may or will be converted into condos later?  That's what they did with Waverly.  That was a big deal prior to the boom.