Citi Tower | 23-Story Residential [Under Construction]

bic

2 hours ago, sunshine said:

Not sure why everybody hates on that garage....it is how parking garage is in Europe and Asia at tight places...some even worse

The Plaza garage is a carbon copy of a Chicago garage in The Loop a block and a half from the former R.R. Donnelley Bldg.  I've been in it.  Kuhn is from Chicago.  He probably got those plans from up there.  The garage design sucks because it doesn't have the ability to give drivers an "express" ramp up to their desired level.  Or, in the alternative, it didn't do away with the level straightaways on levels 3-6 and replace them with ramps up to the next level.

Literally, to park on 6 or 7, you will clock in more than 1/2 mile trip.

The exterior sucks- of the garage.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, HankStrong said:

That's my least favorite garage of all time.

Not to belabor this, but they really screwed up when the original cinema operator didn't open like they were supposed to and a new company came in instead.  When that happened, they sealed up direct access doors on levels 2B and 2C and maybe Level 3 to the cinema; which is why I think the garage changes orientation the way it does.  It was supposed to use those levels for the cinema and the upper levels for the offices.  But they still should've had express ramps somehow.

On 3/9/2018 at 11:54 AM, jrs2 said:

^^

I don't know if I agree with the exterior art requirement.  It cost these guys half a mil.  They should just require that the garage have a covering over it, mesh or whatever, that makes it look less like Solaire's garage.

I guess the Mayor regrets letting Kuhn get away with what he got away with 11 years ago with that eye sore so he's passing on his bad decision making outcomes to new developers which could stifle new projects from getting built downtown.  I think it's funny how Dynetech had to have art on it's garage but Solaire didn't even have to have the damn thing finished, for at least a year or more, once the doors opened.  Yep.  That midnight razing of the Jaymont Block which yielded The Plaza with the ugliest garage in the history of a high rise.  And now The City is acting high and mighty about an art requirement on CitiTower's garage when The Plaza's garage is so horrible.  Well, midnight deals; unclean hands; follow the money and lack of enforcement, or, follow lack of enforcement and you can predict where the money exchanged hands.  Middle finger extended at City Hall's hypocrisy.

Add 55W to the list of buildings that didn't have to put art on the garage exterior.  Actually, did The Vue?  Did The Sevens?  What about Skyhouse's detached garage?  Wow.  I think these guys got the shaft.  

7 minutes ago, jrs2 said:

Not to belabor this, but they really screwed up when the original cinema operator didn't open like they were supposed to and a new company came in instead.  When that happened, they sealed up direct access doors on levels 2B and 2C and maybe Level 3 to the cinema; which is why I think the garage changes orientation the way it does.  It was supposed to use those levels for the cinema and the upper levels for the offices.  But they still should've had express ramps somehow.

Add 55W to the list of buildings that didn't have to put art on the garage exterior.  Actually, did The Vue?  Did The Sevens?  What about Skyhouse's detached garage?  Wow.  I think these guys got the shaft.  

Technically, 55W does have art on their garage. The front mural in the front is part of the garage. 

SkyHouse though...not sure about that one. Maybe Orlando was desperate so they said it was fine (that was the first residential building going up in awhile). 

• 1 month later...
20 minutes ago, jack said:

The art requirement if for a density bonus. But it is up to the developer where to put it. Kuhn did the sculptures on Orange. Chance did panels on the side of the garage. The VUE used the exterior lights. 

FYI - did anyone see that Solaire updated their lighting on top of the building?

On 3/12/2018 at 5:11 PM, bqknight said:

Technically, 55W does have art on their garage. The front mural in the front is part of the garage. 

SkyHouse though...not sure about that one. Maybe Orlando was desperate so they said it was fine (that was the first residential building going up in awhile). 

Maybe there’s some art in Tyjeski Park? Or the park itself?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...