Citi Tower | 23-Story Residential [Under Construction]

bic

On May 31, 2016 at 8:55 PM, JFW657 said:

I like seeing development on Church too, I just wish the really attractive buildings like Citi Tower would go up in more highly visible locations while junk like Modera would be the ones that get buried back in South Eola.

I'd argue that the Citi tower location is really a more desirable area than Modera. A leafy, quieter block surrounded by the lake and area businesses vs. a busy intersection known for homelessness. I don't think this comparison is lost on developers, either.

More desirable for the residents and developers selling to them yes. I think he, however, was referring to the building's position in the Skyline, for the general public to see from prominent locations such as Lake Eola park.  The building is not going to be as visible as some other lesser designs being a block further from the lake behind some other taller towers.  As can be seen upthread, however, I think Citi tower will be quite visible through the gap between Paramount and Waverly.  I have no concerns over the building's overall impact on the Skyline.  I just wish, as others have stated before as well, that all new buildings were up to the architectural standard of this particular project as opposed to cheap cookie cutter designs or value engineered junk.  It really is a stunning design and will look great wherever it is in the Skyline..

Edited by dcluley98
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, dcluley98 said:

More desirable for the residents and developers selling to them yes. I think he, however, was referring to the building's position in the Skyline, for the general public to see from prominent locations such as Lake Eola park.  The building is not going to be as visible as some other lesser designs being a block further from the lake behind some other taller towers.  As can be seen upthread, however, I think Citi tower will be quite visible through the gap between Paramount and Waverly.  

I just wish, as others have stated before as well, that all new buildings were up to the architectural standard of this particular project as opposed to cheap cookie cutter designs or value engineered junk. 

Exactly.

I don't really care about how much more the residents will enjoy the location, I'd just like to be able to see it in a more visually prominent location. A building the size and dimensions of Modera seems more in line with what is back there in Eola South already.

But it is what it is, so...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, castorvx said:

There were a great number of complaints about neighbor noise in Skyhouse. Hearing people above/below/on the sides. Hopefully Citi Tower won't have that issue. 55 West doesn't. But I worry that the reason Skyhouse has that issue is because it was built from day 1 as apartments. Citi Tower is too ... 

Noise complaints at 55 West are a big problem - http://bungalower.com/2016/01/19/police-500-calls-2015-55-west/

Skyhouse didn't have a parking pedestal.  those take a long time to build.  See Dynetech, The Plaza N & S towers/ Solaire, OUC, 101 Eola.  I think The Paramount is fully on a parking pedestal as well.  Residence Inn is at least partially on a parking pedestal.

12 minutes ago, UngaBungalow said:

Noise complaints at 55 West are a big problem - http://bungalower.com/2016/01/19/police-500-calls-2015-55-west/

After living at 55W for 3 years, noise from other apartments was never really an issue. Something crazy had to be going on in order for it to be heard. On the other hand, you can hear everything going on within the units from the hallways. 

After living at 420 for a month, you can definitely hear upstairs neighbors more, not so much your side neighbors. 

2 hours ago, jrs2 said:

similar issues at Solaire ala being in the hallway or vice versa and hearing noise in the units.  I think partly because there's a 1" gap from the floor to the door; there's no flush door jam.  It has to do with code or something like that.

It is not a code issue, that is being cheap. 

You can buy a door threshold at Lowe's for a few bucks. Bring it home and install it yourself with a few screws and a drill.

All it takes is a little bit of initiative, the investment of a little money, time and effort. Problem solved and nothing to complain about.

Wait for someone else to fix it, you'll continue to suffer as long as you live there.

18 minutes ago, JFW657 said:

You can buy a door threshold at Lowe's for a few bucks. Bring it home and install it yourself with a few screws and a drill.

All it takes is a little bit of initiative, the investment of a little money, time and effort. Problem solved and nothing to complain about.

Wait for someone else to fix it, you'll continue to suffer as long as you live there.

Well, for starters, I don't live at Solaire, and if it is a fire code issue, you are not allowed to do that.