Citi Tower | 23-Story Residential [Under Construction]

bic

On 1/28/2016 at 0:08 PM, castorvx said:

The crane pictured above is currently lifting materials to the roof of the Lutheran towers. Looks unrelated/temporary? Maybe some HVAC work going on up there or something?

Hmm...you're right. I drove by the site recently and the big crane was gone. (The one from prahaboheme's photos is still there, though.)

There was, however, quite a bit of rebar on the site. Looks like the foundation could be underway. 

5 hours ago, alex said:

Hmm...you're right. I drove by the site recently and the big crane was gone. (The one from prahaboheme's photos is still there, though.)

There was, however, quite a bit of rebar on the site. Looks like the foundation could be underway. 

Yeah, they've been drilling for the foundation for several weeks already.

• 3 weeks later...

Good points, dcluley98.

Many here including myself have been critical of 420 for this very reason -- it simply isn't up to muster and what we've come to expect from our downtown.  I expressed concerns regarding 420 from the very first rendering I saw.

I think Citi will be a net gain to the neighborhood for a few reasons:

- Smaller footprint with major increased residential density to support the existing neighborhood

- active retail space

- "Iconic" top floor beacon 

The good news is, Orlando is never going to turn into Florida's version of Houston -- Tampa is much more deregulated with regards to zoning (like Houston) than Orlando -- and it shows.  The bad news -- there are still plenty of examples (as mentioned) where we come up short.

^^

yeah, it was Steelhouse, then Skyhouse, then the rest of the recent projects...NORA maybe was after that...

the way they build in downtown lately, its almost like they won't build two buildings within a couple blocks of each other simultaneously; Citi Tower is the latest example of this.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...