Paramount747

Edition Hotel|12 Floors|300 Rooms|Proposed|Marriott Branded Property|Gulch

19 posts in this topic

Most of us read the story on the Hotel Chatter website where the author gave this  50/50 chance. Well I spoke to a friend of mine who is the F&B Director for a Marriott property in Nashville, and plans are underway for this "Luxury Lifestyle" property in the Gulch.

The property should be 300 rooms and 12 stories. He said construction would be sooner than later.

Edited by Urban Architecture

Not sure of the lot, but this could be the hotel Mark Bloom has been trying to develop. I think it is either the lot where Griffin Plaza was supposed to go, or right across the street next to 1212. WW is going to check on it.

Edited by Urban Architecture

Any reason to rule out this being one of the two new hotels going up at Capitol View? 

Any reason to rule out this being one of the two new hotels going up at Capitol View? 

I think it is in the south Gulch, but will not rule this out.

I would imagine something will be built in that large parking lot across from Bar Louie, sooner or later.  Could it be there?

I would imagine something will be built in that large parking lot across from Bar Louie, sooner or later.  Could it be there?

That's the Thompson Hotel. :-)

That's the Thompson Hotel. :-)

I thought Thompson was the lot that's around Station Inn.  The lot I'm talking about is across the street from Station Inn...wedged between it and Laurel House.

I thought Thompson was the lot that's around Station Inn.  The lot I'm talking about is across the street from Station Inn...wedged between it and Laurel House.

I think that's the lot that UA was mentioning -- the one Mark Bloom is trying to develop.

IF 12 stories and 300 rooms are right, it would have to be a decent sized lot...like that one.

1 person likes this

Not sure how to show an image from Google Maps on here...but here's a link to that parking lot I'm talking about beside Laurel House.  It's pretty big.  If this is the Mark Bloom lot, then it should be large enough for just about anything.

https://goo.gl/maps/ILm0D

1 person likes this

Not sure how to show an image from Google Maps on here...but here's a link to that parking lot I'm talking about beside Laurel House.  It's pretty big.  If this is the Mark Bloom lot, then it should be large enough for just about anything.

https://goo.gl/maps/ILm0D

Yes. That's the one.

1 person likes this

Yes. That's the one.

I think MarketStreet owns that lot on 11th and the Bloom lot is behind, where the tobacco mart used to be.

Griffin Plaza was to be a beautiful building. Not that it will happen, but it would be great to see whatever building that goes on that lot, look like that.....and save those two brick buildings, also.

GriffinPlaza_zps1607f98c.jpg

wow, that is beautiful. and I love that it included the older brick buildings.  I always take a minute to study the one on the corner when I walk by.

1 person likes this

I don't think Marketstreet owns any of the land in question. I am pretty sure it is Bloom and Ragland. I may be mistaken, but I don't think so. There is a connection with Bloom and Ragland for this site.

I don't think Marketstreet owns any of the land in question. I am pretty sure it is Bloom and Ragland. I may be mistaken, but I don't think so. There is a connection with Bloom and Ragland for this site.

Verified on Google Maps that they have a sign on that lot, I've always assumed that means they own it but maybe that's been a mistaken assumption.

Verified on Google Maps that they have a sign on that lot, I've always assumed that means they own it but maybe that's been a mistaken assumption.

Perhaps this isn't the parcel you're referencing, but the lot at 401 11th is owned by Nashville Urban Venture, LLC. This is the property arm of Marketstreet Equities.