Nashville Gentrification Bucket List

whatwhat

Nashville Gentrification Bucket List 

a.k.a.  Places to go to before they are torn down/redeveloped/run off.

I was talking with some friends about the Sub Stop and Edgefield Sports Bar property going up for sale and how we needed to go before it closes.  I thought I'd start a list of places in Nashville to enjoy before they are gone/redeveloped.  Feel free to add/update to the list.  

Here's a few to start it:

Edgefield Sports Bar  
Dino's   
Lonnie's Western Room
The Fiddle & Steel Guitar Bar
The Brass Stables   
Sub Stop  

Ha, I'm still mad I did get one last trip in to City Wraps, Zackie's Hot Dog's, and Bosco's.  I did at lest make it to the last Thirsty Thursday at Greer Stadium!

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ha, I'm still mad I did get one last trip in to City Wraps, Zackie's Hot Dog's, and Bosco's.

You didn't miss anything with Bosco's...and their demise was, in my opinion, only tangentially related to gentrification (because they couldn't compete with better local breweries that were springing up because of gentrification).

Station Inn

Rotiers

Brown's Diner

Elliston Soda Shop

Athens Family Restaurant

Arnold's

There's nothing imminently threatening any of these, but things are changing so rapidly around them that, well, we shouldn't assume they'll be there forever.

I feel like we could add Bobby's Idle Hour to that as well.  I've never been but for some reason I love driving by it.

I feel like we could add Bobby's Idle Hour to that as well.  I've never been but for some reason I love driving by it.

I live across the alley from Bobby's (and down a couple houses). In fact, I can hear them dump their glass bottles into the trash/recycling every night.  I've never been, but I would hate to see it leave.  It's destruction is likely given what is going on along Music Row. 

Never been there because of the cigarette smoke. Don't go in most of the bars in 5 Points either.

There are non-smoking bars in Five Points.  The Crying Wolf is nonsmoking, I believe.  Also, MadDonna's is nonsmoking for sure.  But I wish there were more.  Mickey's Tavern in East Hill is non-smoking, I think.

Brave the smoke and go on an off-nite.  Edgefield is big and it does not get as smokey as Red Door or Three Crow.

Mickey's is non-smoking, correct.  I was over there on Friday night and it was packed.  Seems like the secret is out on them. 

Been around too much smoke. That is why I gave up competitive bowling in most of the 1970's, 1980's, 1990's and 2000's. I went back at intermittent times, but never full time. The bowling centers went smoke free finally in 2007 or 2008, but I never took it back up seriously again and have not bowled in almost 4 years. BY 2007 and 2008, I simply lost interest.

I live across the alley from Bobby's (and down a couple houses). In fact, I can hear them dump their glass bottles into the trash/recycling every night.  I've never been, but I would hate to see it leave.  It's destruction is likely given what is going on along Music Row.

This is not the location they were at 8 or so years ago. They were at the location of the 5story condo building next to Belmont church. They will just go to another location of anything happens.

Archived