Columbia Development Map

carolinagarnet

I started building this Google development map last week when I realized the sheer amount of development occurring in Columbia. I know that I have likely missed a few projects, so feel free to recommend additions. I chose not to go too far back on completed developments, but would be willing to add more as requested. I hope this helps everyone better visualize the scope of change in the city.

https://mapsengine.google.com/map/u/0/viewer?authuser=0&authuser=0&hl=en&hl=en&mid=zXAQcjZt_PwI.koD2HFGC-faY

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I started building this Google development map last week when I realized the sheer amount of development occurring in Columbia. I know that I have likely missed a few projects, so feel free to recommend additions. I chose not to go too far back on completed developments, but would be willing to add more as requested. I hope this helps everyone better visualize the scope of change in the city.

https://mapsengine.google.com/map/u/0/viewer?authuser=0&authuser=0&hl=en&hl=en&mid=zXAQcjZt_PwI.koD2HFGC-faY

Wow - this is so helpful! Thanks for doing this.

Thats cool i was going to make a Map myself but this looks way more professional.

• 4 months later...

I was just thinking about this given the number of announcements recently. The pace of development in Columbia is out of control. If you guys can help me with the list, I will try to update it this week. 

Sure let me start all the researching of developments in the area again.

Update

Proposed/planned/rumored:

Moe Levy's building

Kline Property (4-6 stories)

Main Flatts (5 stories)

apartment building surrounding McD's in the Vista (4 stories)

700-800 Gervais

15 story tower on Main south of Capitol.

Possible public-private partnership tower on main.

Approved/close to construction:

phase 2 of USC's development around Blossom (6-7 stories)

Parking Garage on Blossom (5 stories)

Finish Assembly Street Improvements

Huger Street Improvements

Greene Street Bridge over RR tracks/reno of Greene Street

William Street Continuation

Coliseum Reno

Nursing Care Center, 2200 Harden St

USC Soccer Complex

USC student health center

Aloft Hotel at Lincoln & Lady St. (5 stories)

Under Construction/Topped Out/Almost complete:

Agfisrt Reno

City Market redevelopment

Clarion Reno/constuction (6 stories)

620 Blossom(student housing) (4-5 stories)

710/724 Pulaski(student housing) (4-5 stories)

USC Alumni Center(3 stories)

Olympia Apartments (3-4 stories)

Phase 1 and 3 of USC's development on Blossom(6-7 stories)

Addition to a restaurant on Lady Street

USC Law Center

USC indoor/outdoor practice field

Former USC indoor practice field Reno

500 Blossom(student housing) (4 stories)

520 Pendleton(student housing) (2-3 stories)

Williams Brice Plaza

Columbia Common (Nothing taller then steeple on Babcock building)

Carolina Wings reno

The Orchard (student housing)

Student housing at Gervais and Harden(4-6 stories)

Student Housing tower on Assembly (12-15 stories)

Palmetto compress.

Donut shop five points.

Recently Completed:

Hyatt hotel (6 stories)

This is the list I keep updating on CD.

I made all of the updates listed (with the exception of the Blossom parking garage- is this for Palmetto Compress?). Let me know if I missed anything.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?hl=en&authuser=0&mid=zXAQcjZt_PwI.koD2HFGC-faY

I re updated my website now it should have Seperated Pages for things now. Develop planning and construction now. I will add your map to my site also.

Archived