GRDadof3

New projects in Monroe North

153 posts in this topic

Getting kind of hard to keep up with and catalog all the new projects going on.

Orion Development has purchased the law firm that sits across from The Boardwalk for a potential high rise residential development on the riverfront. Some people at the city actually told me the owners were interested in selling about a year ago. Too rich for my blood. :)

http://www.mlive.com/business/west-michigan/index.ssf/2014/12/developers_pay_13_million_for.html#incart_river

Excellent. I think North Monroe should pick up in development from now to 2020.

Excellent. I think North Monroe should pick up in development from now to 2020.

I saw Devries plan to add on to their building by the 6th St Bridge (Landmark Lofts) but it was so ridiculous I don't ever see it happening. :)

I saw Devries plan to add on to their building by the 6th St Bridge (Landmark Lofts) but it was so ridiculous I don't ever see it happening. :)

Have any renderings you could share?

Most of the development news put forth by Mlive the past month has been that a transaction has happened and that the developer plans to do something at sometime.  Mlive is turning into the anecdotal news network.   Not saying they were super credible before but they seem to be getting worse.

1 person likes this

Sounds like a game changer!

1 person likes this

Have any renderings you could share?

I might rabbit, I might...

post-2672-0-93302000-1418242678_thumb.jp

Is that a weather ball?

Edited by mgreven
1 person likes this

I love the 12 foot wall of brick along the river, presumably covering the parking. :sick:  This has to be a graveyard rendering.

The old Icon on Bond thread is locked (forever) so I thought I'd post this here.

There's something eerily strange about this article about Ralph Hauenstein and Icon on Bond (and no his condo is not in Icon). See if you can figure out what it is. :)

http://www.mlive.com/business/west-michigan/index.ssf/2015/03/103-year-old_ralph_hauenstein.html?ath=1a90132b90933db8002100e5723c045a#cmpid=nsltr_stryheadline

(Yes, it's a code breaking exercise using an article about code-breaking, I get the irony, lol).

I'm going to guess Icon on Bond sits where Werner Lehara once operated.

I'm going to guess Icon on Bond sits where Werner Lehara once operated.

Nope, not that I'm aware of. Oh well, moving on. :)

I'm not a good code breaker.  That was the best I could come up with.  Surely someone else is better at this sort of thing?

I'm not a good code breaker.  That was the best I could come up with.  Surely someone else is better at this sort of thing?

The LLC's that were formed for the two vacant Icon parcels had names from the code-breaking operation talked about the in story. The LLC's were formed probably 4 or 5 years ago when the project was foreclosed. Just a really weird coincidence that I noticed it at almost precisely the same time I had looked up the LLCs and read the article.

My best ideas were either Werner Lehara site or that Mr. Hauenstien is the Icon on Bond, meaning the building is coyingly named for him. It's a secret code.

New brewery coming to Monroe North.

New brewery coming to Monroe North.

Is it these guys?

11071097_791845814240364_828337867791832

Is it these guys?

11071097_791845814240364_828337867791832

Yep. They wanted to announce later this week but its going to be hard to keep it under wraps when you post pics on your FB page. :) good for them though. I think theyve been scouting spots for a while.

By the sixth st bridge?

Just a stone's throw N. of the bridge.  Yeah, I don't know how the Facebook pix got posted either, oh well.

Just a stone's throw N. of the bridge.  Yeah, I don't know how the Facebook pix got posted either, oh well.

Any building fanatic on here would know at first glance that it's 820 Monroe. :)

Will there be any street improvements to Bond Street in back?  As some have said, that could be a cool area if it was a pedestrian friendly.