GRDadof3

New projects in Monroe North

41 minutes ago, joeDowntown said:

Great photo. And the building still has 5 stories to go! 

When driving on 196 east, it’s really starting to separate itself from other buildings in the area. Maybe the city should woo more REITs to the area. This group has been relatively quiet, with little fanfare, yet  gets stuff done. :) I hope they do well and decide to use the property they own on the other side of Bond. 

Joe

I completely agree, this building really sticks out and makes a presence from the highway.  Looking forward to seeing how this neighborhood evolves in the next few years.

5 hours ago, GRDadof3 said:

Hear hear. 

And 601 Bond has 5 more floors to be added. 

bond-apartments-grand-rapids-mi-primary-

I noticed today that the residential portion cuts in on the backside, similar to Icon on Bond, into a bit of a courtyard feel.  I don't remember noticing that on the floorplans. 

It's hard to see in the rendering, but it is there.

5 hours ago, crinzema said:

Updated pictures of North Monroe. (Self Promotion: If you know of any realtors who need professional photos taken of their listings, send them my way )

North Monroe-4.jpg

North Monroe-2.jpg

I'm really liking the color scheme of the Embassy Suites so far.

And apparently I was wrong, 601 Bond does not have a courtyard like Icon, it's more of an L-shape. 

As Joe said, great shots. 

• Like 1

On 5/21/2018 at 12:43 PM, GRDadof3 said:

"Just trust us." 

http://www.woodtv.com/news/grand-rapids/why-gr-outdoor-movies-are-moving-to-parking-lot/1185612916

They should have announced that they were going to make some enhancements to that parking lot, released the drawings, and THEN made the announcement that the movies were being moved there. 

Just sharing, not looking to start this conversation back up-

Screen Shot 2018-06-06 at 2.35.39 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-06-06 at 2.35.10 PM.png

"A collaboration ... have [sic] made it possible for us to transform a dirty lot into an interactive family friendly concrete park."

Oh Lord.

I’ve never heard “concrete park” used as a feature or benefit. Unless it’s a skatepark. 

Skateboarding is not a crime.  :)

Joe

• Like 1

Facade is going up quickly (they brought in another crane and I saw them hoisting three floors at once last night. 12 of 15 stories so far. 

56657E42-096E-4AF4-A002-44D6F34AA53A.jpeg

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, ctpgr34 said:

Where are they moving to?  I use them all of the time!  The link goes nowhere.....

There is one on Monroe practically under the 196 bridge and one on Ottawa and Trowbridge.   The location on Monroe was part of the land swap with MSU.  Ottawa is up in the air as the owner died last year and his numerous auto shops in the area are understandably in flux.  I'm curious about that link too.

9 minutes ago, elcelc said:

There is one on Monroe practically under the 196 bridge and one on Ottawa and Trowbridge.   The location on Monroe was part of the land swap with MSU.  Ottawa is up in the air as the owner died last year and his numerous auto shops in the area are understandably in flux.  I'm curious about that link too.

Screen Shot 2018-06-14 at 11.20.59 AM.png

Had dinner at Linear last night (which by the way was quite good and very reasonably priced). I was really impressed with how much Monroe North seems to be coming together as a neighborhood. Nearly every parking spot on the street was full, families playing at the playground, a lot of people utilizing the bike lanes and the trail along the river, and just people in general out and about.

• Like 1