New projects in Monroe North

GRDadof3

5 hours ago, crinzema said:

Updated pictures of North Monroe. (Self Promotion: If you know of any realtors who need professional photos taken of their listings, send them my way )

North Monroe-4.jpg

North Monroe-2.jpg

I'm really liking the color scheme of the Embassy Suites so far.

And apparently I was wrong, 601 Bond does not have a courtyard like Icon, it's more of an L-shape. 

As Joe said, great shots. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/21/2018 at 12:43 PM, GRDadof3 said:

"Just trust us." 

http://www.woodtv.com/news/grand-rapids/why-gr-outdoor-movies-are-moving-to-parking-lot/1185612916

They should have announced that they were going to make some enhancements to that parking lot, released the drawings, and THEN made the announcement that the movies were being moved there. 

Just sharing, not looking to start this conversation back up-

Screen Shot 2018-06-06 at 2.35.39 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-06-06 at 2.35.10 PM.png

4 minutes ago, ctpgr34 said:

Where are they moving to?  I use them all of the time!  The link goes nowhere.....

There is one on Monroe practically under the 196 bridge and one on Ottawa and Trowbridge.   The location on Monroe was part of the land swap with MSU.  Ottawa is up in the air as the owner died last year and his numerous auto shops in the area are understandably in flux.  I'm curious about that link too.

9 minutes ago, elcelc said:

There is one on Monroe practically under the 196 bridge and one on Ottawa and Trowbridge.   The location on Monroe was part of the land swap with MSU.  Ottawa is up in the air as the owner died last year and his numerous auto shops in the area are understandably in flux.  I'm curious about that link too.

Screen Shot 2018-06-14 at 11.20.59 AM.png

Had dinner at Linear last night (which by the way was quite good and very reasonably priced). I was really impressed with how much Monroe North seems to be coming together as a neighborhood. Nearly every parking spot on the street was full, families playing at the playground, a lot of people utilizing the bike lanes and the trail along the river, and just people in general out and about.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Pattmost20 said:

Had dinner at Linear last night (which by the way was quite good and very reasonably priced). I was really impressed with how much Monroe North seems to be coming together as a neighborhood. Nearly every parking spot on the street was full, families playing at the playground, a lot of people utilizing the bike lanes and the trail along the river, and just people in general out and about.

I get my haircut at the Boardwalk and as I was parking out front yesterday evening I thought "We should really try Linear."  It looked to be somewhat full based on the cars parked by it?

1 hour ago, GRDadof3 said:

I get my haircut at the Boardwalk and as I was parking out front yesterday evening I thought "We should really try Linear."  It looked to be somewhat full based on the cars parked by it?

It was about half full, granted it was a Wednesday. 

17 hours ago, GRDadof3 said:

I like it from the parking levels up. Why they can't blend those better is beyond me. #weddingcake

I agree, why can't there be an affordable way to screen those wonky levels?  Some sort of mesh that helps blend the layers of said cake. 

18 hours ago, GRDadof3 said:

I like it from the parking levels up. Why they can't blend those better is beyond me. #weddingcake

17 hours ago, mpchicago said:

It's called saving money.  #cheapba$tards

20 minutes ago, thebeerqueer said:

I agree, why can't there be an affordable way to screen those wonky levels?  Some sort of mesh that helps blend the layers of said cake. 

You know everybody, your constant need to dump on parking level design on Grand Rapids new construction is probably exhausting to Joe Downtown. We all know you don’t like it. Move along. 

2 hours ago, wingbert said:

You know everybody, your constant need to dump on parking level design on Grand Rapids new construction is probably exhausting to Joe Downtown. We all know you don’t like it. Move along. 

Can we not bring drama across threads please? Christ above.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1