New projects in Monroe North

GRDadof3

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/13/2017 at 8:04 AM, GRDadof3 said:

I noticed that too. And the project across the river is pretty far along as well. 

On 4/12/2017 at 9:57 PM, joeDowntown said:

The elevator shaft of the Orion development on the river is pretty far along:

IMG_4578.JPG

Sounds like a cool restaurant will be in here.  They want to be open by October.

44 minutes ago, mpchicago said:

That's great!  Speaking on Monroe North - City Built is expected to open this month now that they have been cleared with the state LCC.

Not to be a Debbie Downer but I'll believe it when I see it. They've been hoping to open since the end of last summer. 

6 hours ago, thebeerqueer said:

Not to be a Debbie Downer but I'll believe it when I see it. They've been hoping to open since the end of last summer. 

I believe it's going to happen... but they should probably stop putting "open by" dates, and just wait until "now open."

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/5/2017 at 10:12 AM, thebeerqueer said:

I went to a tasting they did for some potential investors a couple of years ago and was stoked on their flavors and their food. I really hope they open soon and are super successful. 

They're now saying May 27th they will officially be open. 

• Like 1

Scouting around Monroe North this weekend. 

This must be that new restaurant going in? And what's with the sailboat on the roof? 

Unknown monroe north.jpg

unknown monroe north 2.jpg

This apartment project on the river will have quite a bit more presence on Monroe than I imagined.

5922d9c8e2e5c_riverfrontapartmentmonroenorth.thumb.jpg.d01c5178016a5588107122bbdfcb3e8c.jpg

5922d9d22b04e_apartmentsmonroenorth.thumb.jpg.1fb9c5ee5e4690c53b1f83ca0425650f.jpg

And following up on arcturus' post:

5922d9d85beae_Monroenorthhotel2.thumb.jpg.d717f4fb95a27a64f9504591d8a17fe7.jpg

5922d9e085a81_Monroenorthhotel3.thumb.jpg.7ccc67477355a447bc6fd35af325a6cc.jpg

Monroe North hotel.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, localtalent said:

Yup, will be a great spot. Some serious talent behind it.

Peter Krupp et al? They were the ones that wanted to turn that church on Fulton into a restaurant. And the new place in cheshire village and even the old Brian's Books on Fulton. Theyve got a lot of irons in the fire apparently.

2 hours ago, thebeerqueer said:

Care to share any additional information about the sailboat on a roof concept restaurant?

He is speaking of the one on the River I believe.  The one in the shed is by people at Sandy Point I believe.  Also the Plainfield Jazz one , and I believe the Brian's Books downtown one. Partially mentioned above....

Edited by ctpgr34

42 minutes ago, ctpgr34 said:

He is speaking of the one on the River I believe.  The one in the shed is by people at Sandy Point I believe.  Also the Plainfield Jazz one , and I believe the Brian's Books downtown one. Partially mentioned above....

Correct, GRDadof3 I know nothing about the one on the river.  

My comments are for the one with the sailboat that thebeerqueer was asking about.

We are getting our wires crossed.

29 minutes ago, EastownLeo said:

Correct, GRDadof3 I know nothing about the one on the river.  

My comments are for the one with the sailboat that thebeerqueer was asking about.

We are getting our wires crossed.

Ahhh, October seems aggressive for the one on the river. They've only just begun framing that building. 

4 minutes ago, Pattmost20 said:

1021 Ottawa Ave is being renovated and turned into retail space by the building's new owner. The listing says work is supposed to being Spring 2017, but doesn't give much more detail than that.

I spoke with them when it was first listed in the fall (?) and they were really hoping for a single tenant at that time.  That was a very different answer than what the listing showed.  Maybe things have changed...

8 hours ago, elcelc said:

I spoke with them when it was first listed in the fall (?) and they were really hoping for a single tenant at that time.  That was a very different answer than what the listing showed.  Maybe things have changed...

Awesome building. Love the MCM facade. 

Has anyone noticed the building being torn down on Monroe, North of Leonard? Big white building on the east side of the road? Anyone have the scoop?

Joe

13 hours ago, joeDowntown said:

Awesome building. Love the MCM facade. 

Has anyone noticed the building being torn down on Monroe, North of Leonard? Big white building on the east side of the road? Anyone have the scoop?

Joe

PLASTIC PLATE LLC (Lacks): DEMOLITION OF 17,000 SF OF THE EXISTING BUILDING. DEMOLITION TO INCLUDE COMPLETE REMOVAL OF THE ROOF STRUCTURE, INTERIOR AND EXTERIOR WALLS, AND PARTIAL DEMOLITION OF THE EXISTING FLOOR SLAB - FOR CONSTRUCTION OF NEW FOOTINGS FOR THE PROPOSED NEW BUILDING STRUCTURE.

Edited by ctpgr34
  • Like 1

On 5/23/2017 at 0:21 PM, thebeerqueer said:

Care to share any additional information about the sailboat on a roof concept restaurant?

My information is about the restaurant going into the Orion project along the river. I know nothing about the sailboat.

And I can't share details because, according to those involved, 'it's not time for that yet'. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/31/2017 at 9:16 AM, localtalent said:

My information is about the restaurant going into the Orion project along the river. I know nothing about the sailboat.

And I can't share details because, according to those involved, 'it's not time for that yet'. 

Integrated Architecture is apparently moving from their current office in Kentwood/Cascade (the one with the palm trees overlooking I-96) to Ottawa Ave. My question: who's going to buy/lease that stupid building they're currently in? :) It's cool from the inside but awful on the outside. 

http://www.grbj.com/articles/88206-architecture-firm-planning-move-downtown

• Like 2

9 hours ago, GRDadof3 said:

Integrated Architecture is apparently moving from their current office in Kentwood/Cascade (the one with the palm trees overlooking I-96) to Ottawa Ave. My question: who's going to buy/lease that stupid building they're currently in? :) It's cool from the inside but awful on the outside. 

Maybe part of the estimated 2 million dollar relocation cost is to move the palm trees and half a football with them...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, GRDadof3 said:

That building is a perfect example of late 90's architecture that was influenced by the startup boom and then busted.  I remember when it was new and toured it as an architecture student. It seems ahead of its time.  Now seeing it as a novelty points to how classic themes will hold the test of time.

• Like 2