Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bic

Lucerne Promenade [Proposed]

81 posts in this topic

I really like the redistribution of units from the tower to Orange Avenue.  Makes it much more urban and will create a more intimate pedestrian street (a first for Orlando?).  Still, there's a disconnect between those units and Orange Ave because of the semi-underground parking.

But, to have two grocery stores with apartments on top is a pretty big deal for a downtown our size. 

Agree on the redistribution of apartments. The residential tower would be nice also, but between plan A and plan B, I'll take plan B.  The interior promenade is nice.  I like how it winds around to connect phase I and phase II, but it seems isolated from the non-locals.  Something needs to be tweaked to bring in outside patrons.

I too like this. Talk about transformative potential for the southern gateway into downtown. As much as I liked the height of the original proposal, I felt like it was a "Miami template" stamped upon Orlando. This rendition speaks volumes to where Orlando has come and is going in terms of scalable development that will actually compliment the surrounding neighborhood. Where the Princeton in College Park gets it wrong, this development seems to gets it right. I'd say this is a testament to how the developer, GDC (ie NORA) understands Orlando and it's Main Street neighborhood approach, whereas Pollack (the Princeton, Steelhouse) has a tendency to slap a generic "anywhere" design upon the neighborhood. Note: I don't agree with the anti-development NIMBYs in CP, although I do think they could have fought to influence better design over NO development.

Edited by prahaboheme

The grocery will be a nice amenity for north Delaney Park/Lake Cherokee residents as well as the residents in the towers around Lucerne who a able bodied. SoDo is a bit of a walk for that area north of the hospital.

A: "I want to build an iconic tower for my project and extend the Orlando skyline."

B:"That will cost you x amount of money and you cant charge any more rents. How about we re-distribute the apartments and build them with wood? Then you can still charge a lot of rents.They did it at the other hospital"

A:"But I want to do something special."

B:"This is Orlando"

A:"OK"

2 people like this

The southbound side of Orange Ave needs to have the same sidewalk as the north bound side over Lake Lucerne to truly bridge the gap between the CBD and this project. That will make a huge difference. 

A: "I want to build an iconic tower for my project and extend the Orlando skyline."

B:"That will cost you x amount of money and you cant charge any more rents. How about we re-distribute the apartments and build them with wood? Then you can still charge a lot of rents.They did it at the other hospital"

A:"But I want to do something special."

B:"This is Orlando"

A:"OK"

And the award for consistent complaining and assumption making goes to.... 

1 person likes this

This project looks exciting to me and the biggest question on my mind is which grocery store will go there.  Fresh market, publix/greenwise, whole foods.  Whole foods is doing a downtown Miami location so maybe they would be interested in this downtown spot.

The demolition has started on the main Lucerne Pavillion building (the Phase 1 parcel). The annex building is expected to close at the end of the first quarter of 2015. We'll see...

post-26482-0-26802000-1419225627_thumb.j

post-26482-0-26163300-1419225635_thumb.j

1 person likes this

I am so excited to have this project being build next door (I live in mid-century glory). However I am glad I do not face east and I am worried about the construction noise/traffic. 

If demolition is now, when will they break ground on this thing's Phase I?

They have started demoing the parking lot and a large pile of sand in on the site. Yesterday I saw several very nice cars and men in a lively discussion looking and pointing at the progress. 

They have started demoing the parking lot and a large pile of sand in on the site. Yesterday I saw several very nice cars and men in a lively discussion looking and pointing at the progress. 

You recently moved dt, right? How do you like your new digs?

^^

I noticed the demo as well.  I wonder what the timetable is for construction.

You recently moved dt, right? How do you like your new digs?

It's amazing. Thank you. 

Damn. I was looking forward to this one. Hopefully something else comes along soon.

Look for a six to eight story building the entire length of the property with a parking garage on the back side.

Will resemble 420 Church St, The Sevens, Steel House, Central Station etc., etc., etc.

Might have a visor on it.  <_<

:yawn:

1 person likes this

None of those four buildings are similar to each other. Maybe 420 and the the Sevens. All four have different architects. 

I was more excited about the general redevelopment than the project itself. Hopefully this ties in to the other thread about Crottys comments on Downtown South and we see something grand.

And all of those projects are more attractive than the Lucerne renderings IMO. I thought it looked ugly. I kept waiting for an updated rendering, but nothing came.

I was always a little wary about the half-underground parking.  As much as I love pedestrian streets, steps up to retail, especially hidden from the street, is always hard to pull off.  Hopefully we'll see something at-grade with a nice wide sidewalk and parking that's hidden a little better.  I would be disappointed if they got rid of the grocery store, though.

Pic and an update:

Lucerne before

post-26482-0-50555700-1431298128_thumb.j

Lucerne after

post-26482-0-11289600-1431296933_thumb.j

Orlando Health Contracts to Redevelop Lucerne Pavilion Property

"Orlando Health is pleased to announce that a joint venture between CNL Commercial Real Estate and Crescent Communities, led by Crescent as the managing member, is under contract to purchase and redevelop the former Lucerne Pavilion property located at the intersection of Orange Avenue and Gore Street. The transaction is expected to close in the spring of 2016."

Edited by nite owℓ
1 person likes this