Novel Lucerne [Under Construction]

bic

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I understand, Orlando Health has been pretty adamant about getting a quality mixed-use project that will be unique and beneficial to the community. I kind of got the feeling GDC wasn't living up to OH's expectations so I'm hopeful CNL/Crescent will be the better alternative.

The new project. He's one of the Architects. He was to be the Architect of Record for the Tradition Towers back in the day. He said Citi Tower is dead due to funding. The University Tower and the Tremont Tower are a go. 

interesting.  so the U-Club group has the funding in place.

which one is Tremont again?

Perhaps with this new venture Tremont will also build a fire escape platform for the top floor ballroom to allow the Sunrail Southbound station to tuck between Church and South. And may even build out the lower floor ballroom space which is nothing but a sea of dance floor, table/chairs and misc storage. Talk about wasted potential revenue generating space downtown. At least Bob Snow knew enough to put his warehouse down Garland way. Close, but not wasting guest space.

• 4 weeks later...

Back to Lucerne... 

The property has been cleared of all infrastructure. Most of the trees and landscaping are still up. The Gore side of the property was completely cleared. Last I heard Orlando Health was still moving forward with a major mix use development of the land. 

• 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Not sure if this should go here or in SODO, but Westminster Towers is proposing another tower between the current one and Lake Lucerne along with a parking garage, with ped bridge across Lucerne Ter.  

It's not related to the Promenade project, but will bring quite a few more bodies to the block, and would help support grocery/retail.

Details via Bungalower: http://bungalower.com/2015/12/lucerne-towers-looks-expand-downtown-facility/#more-36412 

lucerne-2.png

Edited by smileguy
I said the wrong building name.
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, prahaboheme said:

Why does senior housing always look like senior housing?

You aren't selling to their emotions in the same way, so you don't need to wow them with new looks.  And honestly, most of them are being dumped by their families who don't want to take the time and effort to do the caregiving.

54 minutes ago, bulldogger said:

You aren't selling to their emotions in the same way, so you don't need to wow them with new looks.  And honestly, most of them are being dumped by their families who don't want to take the time and effort to do the caregiving.

I think you are over generalizing. Westminster and Lutheran Towers and mainly non-assisted living facilities where the occupants purchase their units and live very active lives. They do have assisted living components as residents age, but I know many people living in these buildings that chose to live there on their own and are not "dumped by their families who don't want to take the time and effort to do the caregiving." 

• Like 1