Museum Tower - 31 story Childress Klein Apartments

CLTProductions

3 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Childress Klein said this will NOT go to Condos. There was some reason though, some sort of 7 year rule for conversions. The apartment had to be 7 years old before it could be converted, because of tax evaluations, something like that. By then... things aren't up to date anymore and would have to be gut reno'd. It was a complicated reason, I don't remember, probably need to stop partying so hard all the time. Maybe it was a financing issue??? I'm cloudy on the reasoning, I'll figure out who I spoke to about this and follow up with them.

(least coherent thing ever)

I could be wrong, but I think statute of limitations for suing a developer for building defects and such is 7 years. If they converted to condos before then, they could still be held liable for repairs and upgrades rather than that falling on the condo owners / HOA.

I'm not an expert on this stuff though, so I may simply be remembering incorrectly.

5 minutes ago, Niner National said:

I could be wrong, but I think statute of limitations for suing a developer for building defects and such is 7 years. If they converted to condos before then, they could still be held liable for repairs and upgrades rather than that falling on the condo owners / HOA.

I'm not an expert on this stuff though, so I may simply be remembering incorrectly.

THATS WHAT IT IS!!!! 

Thank you.

7 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Childress Klein said this will NOT go to Condos. There was some reason though, some sort of 7 year rule for conversions. The apartment had to be 7 years old before it could be converted, because of tax evaluations, something like that. By then... things aren't up to date anymore and would have to be gut reno'd. It was a complicated reason, I don't remember, probably need to stop partying so hard all the time. Maybe it was a financing issue??? I'm cloudy on the reasoning, I'll figure out who I spoke to about this and follow up with them.

(least coherent thing ever)

This was a mess.

And a desire for it to be condo.

On ‎2‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 3:09 PM, Niner National said:

it's six years in NC.  It doesn't entirely apply to a lot of these buildings however.  The reason is maintenance.  In that 6 year time frame an owner of a rental property should become aware of most unsafe or defective conditions, and they are expected to fix those. http://www.ncleg.net/EnactedLegislation/Statutes/HTML/BySection/Chapter_1/GS_1-50.html (sections 5 (d) and (e) specifically)

On 2/18/2016 at 8:10 PM, DavieNative said:

Sometimes I think Duke looks out of place because of how large it is.

I have the same sense. I think it's because it is so "bulky," lacking the typical architectural treatments we have at the top of most of our buildings. They usually have spires, arches, spikes, or something, except for the older buildings that are smaller or unassuming. BoA Plaza, for example, is a huge building but its color and comparatively small height make it seem less "bulky."

3 hours ago, asthasr said:

lacking the typical architectural treatments we have at the top of most of our buildings. They usually have spires, arches, spikes, or something

This is exactly why I love this building, because it is unique.  I don't necessarily think it is "bulky", but the sheer size is what impresses me.  I also think it will add to the special experience those residents will feel, seeing/feeling the presence Duke tower will have over their building and rooftop amenity deck (the big city feel).  

• 2 weeks later...