Museum Tower - 31 story Childress Klein Apartments

CLTProductions

• 4 weeks later...

CK Submitted plans today for the tower, so it looks like this thing is a go! That was WAYYY quicker than I would have expected. 

I actually expected it to be submitted this quickly. They HAVE to finish this before Skyhouse 2 and Greystar are completed. It will have a much better shot at filling up. I think we will see a race to the finish between those three buildings.

Edited by Guest

I hope that race starts during construction and not submittal

I would anticipate it would. I think that all three towers get built, but I am 100% certain they will be the last of the apartment towers until 2020, AT LEAST 2018. I think we will start seeing 100-200 unit condo towers starting in mid 2015, early 2016

I would anticipate it would. I think that all three towers get built, but I am 100% certain they will be the last of the apartment towers until 2020, AT LEAST 2018. I think we will start seeing 100-200 unit condo towers starting in mid 2015, early 2016

What parcels or wards do you think will be in play within a year for Condo's?

And how long until you think construction starts on this project? April-ish?

This & Beatden excite me the most. Crescent & 300 don't excite me as much because it doesn't feel real yet. Like something happens and we don't get it.

:) It does feel like 2005-2006 again back when I'd get bored I'd get staples and break them in pieces making Charlottenout of them. Citaden 1 & 2, Avenue, Berkman Tower, 210, Trademark, W Hotel in Levine land, One Charlotte, Wachovia towers, "Novare's Massive Third Ward Block" and blue line. Little Courtside was the real first Highrise residential in uptown.

Scrap Portman office tower and bring back One Charlotte!!!

I 100% disagree about the current apartment towers being the last. I know of a few that are early in the works and I'm confident that at least one of them will get built. I definitely think there will be a high-rise condo project announced in 2015 too. 3rd ward is the logical place and the preferred parking parcels between 3rd, 4th, Poplar & Mint would be the best site IMO. 

• Like 2

^  Yes, I believe the 6th and College parcel (where Cosmos is) is still in play with Tivoli for apartments.

Though somewhat difficult from a financing perspective.  I would also think we see a apartment/condo or hotel/condo tower announced this year, as opposed to a straight condo tower.

There was a deal in Nashville that was recently converted to condo while under construction because the demand was so high. I don't know how that works from the financing side, but I'd imagine both Greystar & the Mint tower would be the logical apartment towers to make that transition if it were to occur. I don't know that Greystar would actually do that themselves, but a presale to a third party while under construction could be very possible, which would also help with the issues with the debt/financing. 

I 100% disagree about the current apartment towers being the last. I know of a few that are early in the works and I'm confident that at least one of them will get built. I definitely think there will be a high-rise condo project announced in 2015 too. 3rd ward is the logical place and the preferred parking parcels between 3rd, 4th, Poplar & Mint would be the best site IMO. 

I actually disagree with myself as well. Tryon Place's Hotel and Apartment combo will go forward, and Crescents 600 apartments in 2nd ward will also go through. I do know of a couple other deals in the works, but I'm skeptical about absorption of all of the inventory, so I'm not convinced they will be built.

You know what that is. Crescents 2nd parcel by the HoF in the old exit ramps by Westin along Stonewall

600 units sounds like a lot though

Their plan is 600 apartments, 450 hotel rooms and 75k of retail. *Shrug* Also was talk of 100k of commercial. 

I actually disagree with myself as well. Tryon Place's Hotel and Apartment combo will go forward, and Crescents 600 apartments in 2nd ward will also go through. I do know of a couple other deals in the works, but I'm skeptical about absorption of all of the inventory, so I'm not convinced they will be built.

I'm less skeptical of the absorption right now and more focused on the rent escalations. If rent goes up too much more many folks are going to be able to afford a new home a county a way. Since apartments are such a short-sided thing, that is a real risk in the southeast due to demographic impacts of being in the south (folks aren't 'young, single, and out of college' as long as they are in DC, NY & SF). Right now new home inventory is very low and prices are reflecting some higher land prices, but that will quickly change. I'm curious to see how that plays out. 

In Accela:

Museum Tower Residential
New 31 story residential tower over the existing 120' tall Mint Museum. The original design for the Mint Museum included provisions for a future residential tower. Already built in place are the residential access points (vehicular and pedestrian), landscaping and hardscaping, underground parking, site utilities (storm, drainage, gas, electrical, water). New work, limited to the top of the Mint Museum, includes 393 apartment units, amenity clubroom, fitness center,leasing center and pool.

So, assuming 31 units at ~10'/floor, and this would be 430'....so basically the same height as 300 South Tryon going up, and I guess slightly taller than Avenue.  Maybe slightly taller than 430' depending on Penthouse/mechanicals, but the tall lobby floors are already factored into that 120' base. 

Still, very good height.

EDIT:  Also just noticed this actually was sent to Building Permitting dept as well 2 weeks ago.  Looks like they really are aiming for a spring "museum" breaking.

• Like 1

In Accela:

So, assuming 31 units at ~10'/floor, and this would be 430'....so basically the same height as 300 South Tryon going up, and I guess slightly taller than Avenue.  Maybe slightly taller than 430' depending on Penthouse/mechanicals, but the tall lobby floors are already factored into that 120' base. 

Still, very good height.

Excellent height!! Can't wait for this project to get going.....the cranes for this, the bearden and 300 S Tryon is going to be a beautiful sight. This project is slated for 2017 completion too right? Or 2016?

Side note....~400 units....that is just SOO many, but I guess with all these jobs coming with 300 S Tryon, who wouldnt wanna live next door :)

Edited by Jayvee

Excellent height!! Can't wait for this project to get going.....the cranes for this, the bearden and 300 S Tryon is going to be a beautiful sight. This project is slated for 2017 completion too right? Or 2016?

I bet its finished in 2017, but tops out in mid 2016. 

In Accela:

Still, very good height.

EDIT:  Also just noticed this actually was sent to Building Permitting dept as well 2 weeks ago.  Looks like they really are aiming for a spring "museum" breaking.

I'd think this would be taller than that. Avenue is basically 27 floors on top of a 9 floor parking deck. This will be 31 floors on top of an extra tall base. I'd think 465