Museum Tower - 31 story Childress Klein Apartments

CLTProductions

• 1 month later...

I'm sort of curious about the logistics of building this project.  Obviously they'll need a crane and lots of materials.  But where do they put that stuff?  Do they close Levine Ave for the duration of the project? Part of Church? Maybe the plaza in from of the Mint Museum?  Just wondering how they make this work, especially on such a big project.

I'm sort of curious about the logistics of building this project.  Obviously they'll need a crane and lots of materials.  But where do they put that stuff?  Do they close Levine Ave for the duration of the project? Part of Church? Maybe the plaza in from of the Mint Museum?  Just wondering how they make this work, especially on such a big project.

There are a bunch of Hotel Projects on the block I work on in Midtown Manhattan, they are built in even less area. They store materials on the sidewalk until the project is above ground, and then store on the ground floor of the building. I suspect they will close off the Church St. side. of the sidewalk and store there, and on the ground floor of the building.

Edited by Guest

And remember, there are still many surface lots uptown that the developer could lease for staging.

Very True, Nascar Plaza and Fountains Stonewall used the City lot beside Crescent Stonewall, the Power Tower used the Lot where Knights Stadium is today.

• 2 weeks later...

The UMUD plans were approved, with elevations in Accela now.  43 stories (if you buy into the marketing hype that the base is 12 stories).  The big news is the height to the roof is in there, at 447'.  This appears to be to the roof if the highest occupiable floor, and not the peak height which appears to be the equivalant of another floor of glass (with the sloped roof down seen in the rendering).  Floor heights are 11' 8" per floor, so this should be 458' to 460' to the tip top.

Also, to settle the critical debate from several months ago.  Only 4 elevators, not 6. :)

• Like 4

hey gang, dx here.

I haven't posted in quite a few years but have read the forum from time-to-time. Anyway, I work for Duke and got a company e-mail memo stating construction will begin April 16th. The tower crane will be erected from April 27 and May 4. Overhead safety protection will be installed between April 16 to May 15. So take it for what it's worth.

Wow! That's awesome, so basically construction starts tomorrow. That's insanely quick. I wonder why they informed Duke employees like that. Maybe a pardon our noise thing. I have a buddy who works for Duke that got the same email. Seems like they are going to be moving along much faster than the Ascent. Maybe when the ascent scenes a crane on that site they'll get moving. Edited by Jayvee

hey gang,  dx here.

I haven't posted in quite a few years but have read the forum from time-to-time. Anyway, I work for Duke and got a company e-mail memo stating construction will begin April 16th.  The tower crane will be erected from April 27 and May 4.  Overhead safety protection will be installed between April 16 to May 15.  So take it for what it's worth.

Pretty nice, welcome back post if I do say so myself!

e31.jpg

Edited by wend28
  • Like 1

I got the same memo that dx posted about above.  Safety and traffic/logistics is why Duke gets informed and informs their employees.  I just looked out the window and there's nothing happening on the roof yet.  I haven't checked around the ground/streets yet.

Here is probably more detail than you need:

"

·         Parking at Levine Center Starting April 20, the Church Street access to the Levine Center for the Arts garage will be closed, as a general rule, for the duration of project. All parking garage zones will remain open during construction. However, parkers will need to enter and exit the parking garage through Stonewall Street access points. Monthly parkers of Zone A and Zone B will need to enter and exit from East or West Stonewall Street. Visitors of the building and cultural arts will need to use the West Stonewall entrance and exit exclusively.

·         Church Street changes To ease congestion during the evening commute, Church Street egress will open from 4:30 p.m. to 6 p.m. weekdays during the majority of the project schedule. However, there may be periodic exceptions to this and garage barricades and signage will be used to notify parkers about Church Street exit ramp accessibility. Traffic-control measures will be in place to allow parkers to use the curb lane when turning left on Church Street.

·         Duke Energy Center (550 S. Tryon St.) garage access The tower crane will be erected between April 27 and May 4. During this time, garage access at Church Street will remain closed at all times, including during evening rush hour.

·         Levine Avenue traffic For staging and ongoing safety, all lanes on Levine Avenue of the Arts and one far left lane on Church Street will close to motorists during the project. A Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police officer will direct traffic from the corner of Church Street and Levine Avenue of the Arts.

·         Campus sidewalks When the overhead safety protection is installed, around April 16 to May 15, campus sidewalks on Church Street and Levine Avenue may momentarily close.

"

edit: The memo called the apartments "525 South Church Street Apartments".  Is that an official name?  Or just a description for now?

Edited by grodney

I got the same memo that dx posted about above.  Safety and traffic/logistics is why Duke gets informed and informs their employees.  I just looked out the window and there's nothing happening on the roof yet.  I haven't checked around the ground/streets yet.

Here is probably more detail than you need:

"

·         Parking at Levine Center Starting April 20, the Church Street access to the Levine Center for the Arts garage will be closed, as a general rule, for the duration of project. All parking garage zones will remain open during construction. However, parkers will need to enter and exit the parking garage through Stonewall Street access points. Monthly parkers of Zone A and Zone B will need to enter and exit from East or West Stonewall Street. Visitors of the building and cultural arts will need to use the West Stonewall entrance and exit exclusively.

·         Church Street changes To ease congestion during the evening commute, Church Street egress will open from 4:30 p.m. to 6 p.m. weekdays during the majority of the project schedule. However, there may be periodic exceptions to this and garage barricades and signage will be used to notify parkers about Church Street exit ramp accessibility. Traffic-control measures will be in place to allow parkers to use the curb lane when turning left on Church Street.

·         Duke Energy Center (550 S. Tryon St.) garage access The tower crane will be erected between April 27 and May 4. During this time, garage access at Church Street will remain closed at all times, including during evening rush hour.

·         Levine Avenue traffic For staging and ongoing safety, all lanes on Levine Avenue of the Arts and one far left lane on Church Street will close to motorists during the project. A Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police officer will direct traffic from the corner of Church Street and Levine Avenue of the Arts.

·         Campus sidewalks When the overhead safety protection is installed, around April 16 to May 15, campus sidewalks on Church Street and Levine Avenue may momentarily close.

"

edit: The memo called the apartments "525 South Church Street Apartments".  Is that an official name?  Or just a description for now?

I doubt it is an official name. Renderings and Name were hard to come by for Childress Klein's last project, and it became "The Element." I'm sure we will eventually get an equally as stupid name. "The Phoenix" Maybe, LOL

I doubt it is an official name. Renderings and Name were hard to come by for Childress Klein's last project, and it became "The Element." I'm sure we will eventually get an equally as stupid name. "The Phoenix" Maybe, LOL

the club Phoenix changed its name to Echo, so the dumb name of Phoenix is certainly up for grabs

Just back from a walk around the city, which btw was hopping today and so beautiful, stopped to chat up a Duke center worker cleaning windows on Mint museum and just cause you can't see the crane being erected he said it most definitely it.  They have been working for a few days in the building 'pits' assembling it and in few days it should pop out.