Museum Tower - 31 story Childress Klein Apartments

CLTProductions

The great thing about this tower is that it is gonna go from 0 to 100 mph in practically the snap of a finger. It should grow like a weed.

Because of the small footprint and with it mostly being glass curtain walls, this thing COULD grow at a floor and a half per week. Should be interesting to see, has a definite head start on everybody else. 

So if every thing goes smoothly a November topping out is not out of the realm of possibility? That would be sweet with this nearly wrapping up exterior work and Ascent, 300 S Tryon, and Tryon Place close behind.

Tryon Place won't even start excavation until next year, that wont be vertical for a while. Ascent and 300 will definitely be off the ground though.

Memo to Duke employees on Apr 15: "The tower crane will be erected between April 27 and May 4."

Posted by birky May 12: "Tower crane at 525 South Church Street Apartments (Mint Museum Tower) to be constructed between May 14th and 18th."

No crane visible from the street 2 days ago (May 18).

No crane visible from above right now (May 20).

They've done a bunch though.  They have the wood-shed built where the crane will be anchored inside (I think the crane base is actually standing, just can't be seen, but not positive).  They've also built the power junction box, or whatever you call it, that will power the crane.

They've done a bunch though.  They have the wood-shed built where the crane will be anchored inside (I think the crane base is actually standing, just can't be seen, but not positive).  They've also built the power junction box, or whatever you call it, that will power the crane.

Yeah, the crane base isn't visible anywhere, as of 2 days ago, whereas before (as pictured) it was laying in the street.  So maybe it is standing inside the wood shed.

Edited by grodney

I'm just standing in a doorway.
I'm just trying to make some sense.
Out of these girls passing by, the tales they tell of men.
I'm not waiting on a lady, I'm just waiting on a crane.

I have thought/assumed the tower crane was going on the north side:

20150522_100049_zpslbvlnxzo.jpg

Here:

20150522_100121_zpsbzpbsvcd.jpg

But now it's pretty clear(?) that it will be on the west side (Church St), where you can see the base area, as well as the face stone removed to anchor it to the building.

20150522_100917_zpsr2iaub9h.jpg

20150522_101437_zpst6k3kjtk.jpg

20150522_101356_zpsgttnhty7.jpg

• Like 2

Some details:

• Crane going up next weekend
  • Aiming for a floor a week once construction gets in gear
  • 17 month construction timeline
  • Planned for late 2016 completion
  • No plans to ever convert to condos

Interesting for them to say they would never convert to condos... Most of use speculate this one and Bearden would be the most likely candidates. I'm sure the market could easily dictate that, unless we see other condo towers start to rise like 1 Brevard and they decide it's too much volume. 

That's due to their financing most likely, and honestly if condo demand increases in uptown and financing becomes available rents would likely increase as well improving their ROI enough that the quick money conversion becomes less attractive.

I don't understand.  It looks semmetrical to me, only difference is the slanted roof is a bit smaller. 

The Church Street side just makes more of an impact than this side. Just because the roof is slanted less.