Museum Tower - 31 story Childress Klein Apartments

CLTProductions

3 hours ago, tozmervo said:

Figure ground photo from Kyoto, ca 2008. 

IMG_6562.JPG

Or even Kyoto.

Obviously, best practice is to bury power lines. That's why starting with Beverly Woods East in 1966, Charlotte developers started burying power lines.

But Charlotte has lots of legacy poles and wires that will likely never be buried.

Everyone will have converted to solar before Duke will bury the wires.

David Frum, FWIW:

http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/02/opinion/frum-buried-lines/

One other thing, in the spirit of putting money where mouth is: I buried the power line to my house not long after I bought it in 2007. Duke charged me $800 for that and I had to beg them to do it. But at least it's buried and I didn't have to punch a new hole in my roof when I had it re-shingled (old hole no longer met code.)

Edited by Silicon Dogwoods
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, navigator319 said:

A different angle...

FullSizeRender.jpg

I've shared my distain for the Tryon facing side of the buildings "crown" or lack there of on Social Media, now I will on here. Its perplexing to me that only the West facing side of this building has a feature to it. The other side is just a big box. This side will look awesome, other side, will be SO forgettable. 

1 minute ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

I've shared my distain for the Tryon facing side of the buildings "crown" or lack there of on Social Media, now I will on here. Its perplexing to me that only the West facing side of this building has a feature to it. The other side is just a big box. This side will look awesome, other side, will be SO forgettable. 

I get what you're saying, but it is still world's better than some other developments.  At least it is complete glass on all sides.  Plus, the Tryon side does have the Mint in front of it to give it some heft.  Essentially, this is a Church St facing building, and I think that speaks volumes to the current swath of development -- it's no longer about Tryon. 

1 minute ago, Rufus said:

I get what you're saying, but it is still world's better than some other developments.  At least it is complete glass on all sides.  Plus, the Tryon side does have the Mint in front of it to give it some heft.  Essentially, this is a Church St facing building, and I think that speaks volumes to the current swath of development -- it's no longer about Tryon. 

Its also no longer about the Southeast view of the skyline. The northwest side view is becoming just as iconic as the Southeast. It just frustrates me. 

Not that i've seen this building in person since the Arizona and Seattle Panthers Playoff games. 

2 hours ago, KulBC said:

The top is starting to take shape: 

IMG_1006.JPG

must've missed the memo . . . what do final renderings of the roof look like? that looks pretty damn awesome from that angle.  and i agree, Tryon already has enough attraction, add to it that the museum also faces tryon, it's nice to have the building "look" the other way, and draw attention to other parts of uptown.