Museum Tower - 31 story Childress Klein Apartments

CLTProductions

The city almost looks bigger without the BoA building looming over. Same for pictures that capture a lot of the skyline and cut off the DEC. Those two overshadow the rest of the skyline making it look smaller in  my opinion so it's always cool to see pictures without one of them showing.

Edited by Nick2

46 minutes ago, Nick2 said:

The city almost looks bigger without the BoA building looming over. Same for pictures that capture a lot of the skyline and cut off the DEC. Those two overshadow the rest of the skyline making it look smaller in  my opinion so it's always cool to see pictures without one of them showing.

Agreed. I was in Vancouver last August, and couldn't get over how none of their towers came close in height to Charlotte's BofACC and DEC. Yet, because Vancouver is so dense and has so many buildings over 100m, the city feels and looks huge. Not that it's an either/or situation, but I'm really looking forward to the densifying of Charlotte more so than the possibility of a tower taller than BofACC. I'd love to see Charlotte head more in the direction of Vancouver instead of Atlanta in terms of urban core (though there are many other factors in play).

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, cjolley92 said:

Agreed. I was in Vancouver last August, and couldn't get over how none of their towers came close in height to Charlotte's BofACC and DEC. Yet, because Vancouver is so dense and has so many buildings over 100m, the city feels and looks huge. Not that it's an either/or situation, but I'm really looking forward to the densifying of Charlotte more so than the possibility of a tower taller than BofACC. I'd love to see Charlotte head more in the direction of Vancouver instead of Atlanta in terms of urban core (though there are many other factors in play).

You bring up a very good point. Looks like post-recession buildings have shrunk. This economic cycle reaped more mid-sized buildings. 

13 hours ago, mpretori said:

You bring up a very good point. Looks like post-recession buildings have shrunk. This economic cycle reaped more mid-sized buildings. 

we should all be surprised though. Local Real Estate companies and even people on this board thought we were done with skyscrapers until at least 2018.

11 minutes ago, Stitch Jones said:

Has any work began on the lower floor interiors?  For them to be done by the end of the year I would imagine so...

Oh yeah . . . bottom 10-15 floors have already been fitted with doors IIRC.  Next step is all the other miscellaneous accouterments.  I believe they've only started plumbing at 15-25 floors.  Others on here could probably give you better specifics, but I think that's about right.

• 2 weeks later...

I had the benefit of a Hard Hat tour last week.  This is going to be an outstanding location and the views will be great.  From the 35th floor, you can see probably from the 20 yard line to the west goalposts of BOA Stadium!!!

Lobby will be killer, but could not get put to the rooftop amenities deck, but can imagine.

Wish it were condos!:tw_cry:

• Like 1

On 5/3/2016 at 8:11 PM, cjolley92 said:

Even a smaller city like Richmond feels like it has a lot of mass when coming up on 95...none of their buildings are very tall but the center city appears quite dense.

"Mass" is a good term. Part of what makes a city look big is the "mass of buildings" that make up the visual experience. Going up 95 into Richmond is a good example, as is coming out of DC into Arlington (particularly at night). Heck, even midtown Manhattan--although it has the Rockefeller Center, Chrysler Building, and Empire State Building, the sense of density that it gives are largely due to the forest of mid-height towers that cluster around them. I'm glad to see any development of 10-30 stories in Charlotte. No, they don't compete with BoA or DEC, but they make it feel more "solid" and "real."

• Like 1