Museum Tower - 31 story Childress Klein Apartments

CLTProductions

20 hours ago, SgtCampsalot said:

I'd like to know the answer to this. I've always wondered with high rises.

The Avenue has individual units, 2/3rds are on the roof and the other 1/3 are scattered throughout the parking deck. I've heard the parking deck ones fail quicker. 

21 hours ago, eastsider said:

That was taken about 20 minutes prior to kickoff. The lower bowl was full for the game but attendance still seemed to be lower than previous years.

Glad to know more people came. I hope these continue to be successful.

11 minutes ago, nonillogical said:

Getting OT I know, but the attendance was 53,600 or something like that. Just before halftime the corners and ends of the upper bowl were mostly empty but everything else very full.

Great news for the city and these events. Bringing it back OT, this building certainly looks great from those 'in stadium' shots 

• 4 weeks later...

I assume this is on their website somewhere, but we got a construction update in company e-mail:

July and August were very productive months for the construction of Museum Tower, Childress Klein's 394-unit, 43-story luxury apartment tower above the Mint Museum Uptown. 

Construction Update

ae5555b0-f69f-469d-b85f-4193e9bc3456.jpg Exterior Framing:            Up to Levels 43

ae5555b0-f69f-469d-b85f-4193e9bc3456.jpg Curtain Wall Glass:

Up to Levels 43

ae5555b0-f69f-469d-b85f-4193e9bc3456.jpg Interior Framing:

Up to Level 42

ae5555b0-f69f-469d-b85f-4193e9bc3456.jpg Unit Electrical:

Up to Level 43

ae5555b0-f69f-469d-b85f-4193e9bc3456.jpg Insulation:

Up to Level 40

ae5555b0-f69f-469d-b85f-4193e9bc3456.jpg In-wall Plumbing: 

Up to Level 42

ae5555b0-f69f-469d-b85f-4193e9bc3456.jpg Balcony Doors:

Up to Level 42

ae5555b0-f69f-469d-b85f-4193e9bc3456.jpg Cabinets & Appliances:

Up to Level 35

ae5555b0-f69f-469d-b85f-4193e9bc3456.jpg Countertops:

Up to Level 34

ae5555b0-f69f-469d-b85f-4193e9bc3456.jpg Doors & Trim:

Up to Level 35

ae5555b0-f69f-469d-b85f-4193e9bc3456.jpg Stairs:

Up to Level 45

ae5555b0-f69f-469d-b85f-4193e9bc3456.jpg Pool Shortcrete:

Complete

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Ryan20 said:

I've gotten some initial price estimates. $2.75/ sq ft for smallest 1 bedrooms with obstructed views. 

Yeah they are seriously high (as in the property owners have smoked some bad crack). I have no idea who they're going to get to afford these places. 2 bedrooms go from $3100-$6500+! That said, if people pay it and this building is successful at these rates, look for it to change the game. Not good. Hope they fail at these prices haha

Edited by Jayvee

28 minutes ago, Jayvee said:

Yeah they are seriously high (as in the property owners have smoked some bad crack). I have no idea who they're going to get to afford these places. 2 bedrooms go from $3100-$6500+! That said, if people pay it and this building is successful at these rates, look for it to change the game. Not good. Hope they fail at these prices haha

I could see Duke renting them for their traveling consultants to stay in. Those prices are still cheaper than staying in a hotel every week and they are right next door! I know they currently do this at Element.

4 minutes ago, Jayvee said:

It will be interesting to see how it fills out. The Vue is nearly sold out however Skye condos is advertising 1.5 months free and that's not including their 2nd building that will add another 300+ units to the market. I'd still like to see the museum tower turn into Condos....after I sell mine first ;)

3 minutes ago, Ryan20 said:

It will be interesting to see how it fills out. The Vue is nearly sold out however Skye condos is advertising 1.5 months free and that's not including their 2nd building that will add another 300+ units to the market. I'd still like to see the museum tower turn into Condos....after I sell mine first ;)

I think you mean Skyhouse, not Skye. :)

I'd be highly surprised if those were the rates.  Grew up in Charlotte, but live in Fenway in Boston now and new "luxury" (regular by Charlotte standards IMO, if you've lived in Boston you know what I'm talking about) and new apartments going up are $4k+ for 1 Beds and $7k/month for two beds.  Cost of living here is like 3x so yes I'd agree with the smoking crack statement trying to charge that amount. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cha said:

I'd be highly surprised if those were the rates.  Grew up in Charlotte, but live in Fenway in Boston now and new "luxury" (regular by Charlotte standards IMO, if you've lived in Boston you know what I'm talking about) and new apartments going up are $4k+ for 1 Beds and $7k/month for two beds.  Cost of living here is like 3x so yes I'd agree with the smoking crack statement trying to charge that amount. 

Well they're charging it. Without a doubt. Confirmed. The question now is if they'll get it. I'll be surprised what rents will be when the building is actually open or not. I hope not but I'm scared they will be

On 8/30/2016 at 6:26 AM, Jayvee said:

Well they're charging it. Without a doubt. Confirmed. The question now is if they'll get it. I'll be surprised what rents will be when the building is actually open or not. I hope not but I'm scared they will be

I honestly don't see a problem with them being pricey on this.  It provides another super highend highrise (above 27 floors) for the upper tier renters (athletes, bankers, etc) in Charlotte.  The Vue used to be the only option and now this provides a much needed second option in a much better location imo.  That building doesn't want the average Joe renting there.  It's in the art district and the renters will have that S Tryon address.  If you charge it $$$, they will come.  Most people, like myself and probably many on this board would never pay those prices to live there.  But that exact sentiment is exactly why someone who could afford it and/or doesn't mind paying that price wants to live there.  Location & Exclusiveness.

*Like others have said before...wish these were condos in the first place though.

Edited by CharlotteWkndBuzz
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...