Museum Tower - 31 story Childress Klein Apartments

CLTProductions

If we got to freely choose where the next towers were going to go, I'd rather see them push east down Trade, 3rd and 4th.  We need to widen uptown.  Basically fill out every gap between Trade and MLK, all the way from College to Davidson.

Capture.thumb.PNG.dab2182e7db2917ef121b4

56372591.jpg

Not to stray too far off topic but yeah that area is definitely next. 4th ward is basically done as is 3rd ward. 1st ward is under control of a demon so 2nd ward is definitely next. 

Still a lot left to go in all the wards.

I'm still not happy with 3rd ward, its still not quite there, its still such a barren wasteland, no matter how much better it has gotten. I won't be happy until the lot attached to the Panthers Parking Deck is developed, and the Gateway station plan is fully realized. Not to mention Charlotte Observer Site is part of third ward.

4th ward will get more development on the north side of N. Tryon. ]

1st ward still has Hal Marshall, even if Levineland strangles the district into a funk.

2nd ward is the next frontier, but I think it'll be the next upswing in development before it gets developed. Stonewall will create a great backbone and things will feed off of that in 2020 and beyond.

With development on the verge of butting up against 277 I think its impediment will become less of a big deal. I think The Gold District and South End are going to densify tremendously during the next boom. Fifteen years from now new residents to the city will just see those areas as the southern most parts of uptown. 

(Sorry to keep this off topic)

• Like 1

While I agree that the other areas need some development, I personally would place a higher value on a compact "core." Midtown Atlanta seems dense from a distance but walkability is a mess since EVERY block has a surface parking lot on one side of the street it seems. I would rather have a smaller dense area where I can get services than have to walk past numerous surface lots because development started to leapfrog and spread.

I wonder if CK would build a tower on any additional small areas in Uptown if this tower does well. I have a hard time imagining this tower not becoming "the" place to be for those that work in those few blocks. 

Off topic one more time. Since we are talking about where more towers are needed. I have a question. When do you guys think Charlotte can expect another BIG tower announcement? I am talking office over 50 stories??? What about 70 plus? It seems to me Charlotte is ready for another tower that large uptown if it's office. Why not??? I cannot stand waiting!

Edited by RaleighHeelsfan

Off topic one more time. Since we are talking about where more towers are needed. I have a question. When do you guys think Charlotte can expect another BIG tower announcement? I am talking office over 50 stories??? What about 70 plus? It seems to me Charlotte is ready for another tower that large uptown if it's office. Why not??? I cannot stand waiting!

2025-30

50-70 story office?  Can't really see it happening unless its a vanity project for a Bank or other corporate HQ.  They don't make a lot of sense from a floor-space planning, since so much of the core is consumed with elevators.  To do this on a profitable spec basis, you need a really massive floor-plan, which means you end up with > 2mm sq ft buildings given this height.  Charlotte is a LONG way from seeing 2mm sq ft spec towers.

Next building > 50 stories will defintely be residential.  Hotel would be highly unlikely withouth a big government subsidy.

• 2 weeks later...

Looking good from the entrance to The Green by convention center.

In a bit over a year when this is finished that view goes in my Top 5 for the QC. Not for density or amount of buildings (clearly) but the modern obelisks over green canopies. Like Piedmont Park in ATL and a bunch of other such man-meets-world corners of successful urban stitching. I could prattle on.~