GRDadof3

New projects on the West Side

Recommended Posts


12 hours ago, Prankster said:

I believe the Alpine/4 Mile location is closed. 

Oh, you're right. It's still listed on their website and I didn't check elsewhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/19/2017 at 3:06 PM, joeDowntown said:

I thought the rumors was they were the grocer going into the development on Michigan street. 

Joe

That was the last I heard too but I can't imagine it would be Duthler's. 

On 7/20/2017 at 1:38 AM, getemngo said:

The store on Madison is a relocation of the store at Michigan & Fuller. Duthler and Spartan struck a deal - Duthler's took over the Family Fare on Madison, and Michigan/Fuller was going to become a D&W. We all know how that turned out.

That's right! Thank you for sorting out the details of that deal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, thebeerqueer said:

That was the last I heard too but I can't imagine it would be Duthler's. 

That's right! Thank you for sorting out the details of that deal. 

I too heard that Duthler's was going into the Proos project on Michigan St, from a pretty reliable source. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GRDadof3 said:

I too heard that Duthler's was going into the Proos project on Michigan St, from a pretty reliable source. 

Whoa! That would be huge for them. I wonder what the timeline will be for announcing a tenant? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, HavingAhoot said:

When is the estimated completion date for this project?

 

I think fall 2018. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, localtalent said:

Heard that Jolly Pumpkin is confirmed for Black Heron site.

There's also apparently a solid plan for Red Lion site.

Both within 12 months.

 

That's exciting! If you were old enough to have patronized Aftershock, moved away from Grand Rapids, and came back to visit in 24 months or so, I think Bridge Street would be so hard to recognize. It already is! :)

Joe

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, joeDowntown said:

That's exciting! If you were old enough to have patronized Aftershock, moved away from Grand Rapids, and came back to visit in 24 months or so, I think Bridge Street would be so hard to recognize. It already is! :)

Joe

I was at a red light by New Holland once, and for a few seconds I wasn't even sure what city I was in.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/31/2017 at 10:33 AM, GR_Urbanist said:

I was at a red light by New Holland once, and for a few seconds I wasn't even sure what city I was in.

Like, whoa, man....

Seriously though, it is astonishing to see how much the west side has changed as a result of the project.  They really did a fantastic job on New Holland.  

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, x99 said:

Like, whoa, man....

Seriously though, it is astonishing to see how much the west side has changed as a result of the project.  They really did a fantastic job on New Holland.  

I think the Meijer/Apartment/WMCAT project will actually astonish people when it's finished. Shoot, when it's shelled in. If you remove the topic of height for a moment, nothing of this scale has been done in GR before, not in an old school business district. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Although this is small scale, it looks like someone is renovating the interior of 812 Butterworth SW. There are now two logos on the windows that say "Grain Sandwich Shop" and I believe "Westside Massage" opening soon. Anyone have any additional details?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, demhem said:

Although this is small scale, it looks like someone is renovating the interior of 812 Butterworth SW. There are now two logos on the windows that say "Grain Sandwich Shop" and I believe "Westside Massage" opening soon. Anyone have any additional details?

I found this for the Grain Sandwich- http://www.imgrum.org/user/grainsandwichshop/5900383709

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 3/18/2016 at 6:46 PM, GRDadof3 said:

In other news, Third Coast Development is moving over to the West Side, Leonard and Alpine. 

25259385324_05992d060c_b.jpg

 

I'm not sure if this has been posted yet, but we have updated renderings from Progressive AE. Completely different exterior materials, but still 36 units  and still apparently the same floor plan. Note that as with the original renderings, the rear half of the first floor is covered parking.

leo-and-alpine_002.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, getemngo said:

I'm not sure if this has been posted yet, but we have updated renderings from Progressive AE. Completely different exterior materials, but still 36 units  and still apparently the same floor plan. Note that as with the original renderings, the rear half of the first floor is covered parking.

leo-and-alpine_002.jpg

Nope. No. Nuh uh. When I saw 240 Ionia, 26 Cherry and 205 Division, it was meh. When I saw Fulton Place Apartments I was a little relieved (still flat boxes though). Now I see Diamond Place and this clone going up... 

Diamond Place

CDFA29B6-604A-444C-83D6-B96BD7E74B13.jpeg.e218386def7b134a72349a7d6ab2f5da.jpeg

The previous  rendering was at least interesting, albeit a little bit similar to 240 Ionia, but decent and it looked like it took someone some effort to draw it out. I know some people don’t have the fortune or funds for the best projects around but developments are starting to look depressing. We’re just pumping out cookie-cutter boxes to keep up with demand at this point. I mean it’s great that we have people moving into the city but...

Anyways, at least we have Monroe North and Bridge Street looking pretty good so far.  Sorry for the rant, tried to keep it at least a little positive at the end. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/31/2017 at 8:25 AM, localtalent said:

Heard that Jolly Pumpkin is confirmed for Black Heron site.

There's also apparently a solid plan for Red Lion site.

Both within 12 months.

 

Our NA just received a request from Kincaid Henry to present their project at the Red Lion site. Stay tuned!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have seen a lot going on over there - drilling, blue-shirt-men standing around and meeting there, etc. I have been wondering what might be going here and am hopeful it is congruent with the other evolving projects! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, thebeerqueer said:

Penned by the one and only GRDadof3!

That's just a pseudonym, that's not me! :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everyday I walk by Black Heron and wonder if/when Jolly Pumpkin is actually going to go in here - well wait no more! I see a permit was filed yesterday to start renovation and work!!! I'm so happy about this. Now to see what happens with the Red Lion spot! 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/6/2017 at 5:35 PM, GVSUChris said:

Everyday I walk by Black Heron and wonder if/when Jolly Pumpkin is actually going to go in here - well wait no more! I see a permit was filed yesterday to start renovation and work!!! I'm so happy about this. Now to see what happens with the Red Lion spot! 

Is the permit posted on the building anywhere? I rode by yesterday and only saw the notice that Black Heron is no more. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, thebeerqueer said:

Is the permit posted on the building anywhere? I rode by yesterday and only saw the notice that Black Heron is no more. 

It's on the city website in the Development Center. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.