GRDadof3

New projects on the West Side

Gorath    20

Fox 17 is reporting that New Holland Brewing is expected to make an announcement that they will be opening at the corner of Bridge and Broadway.

http://fox17online.com/2014/10/01/announcement-planned-for-new-brewery-on-west-side/

I think the vacant building they refer to is the former Classic Video & Lingerie store.

mpchicago    187

Fascinating choice for a location.  When I said another brewery, I thought maybe a new start up! I just suspected NH would want to be on the south side of downtown with everyone else.  They would be a very strong anchor to the near west side.  It also looks like there is room for maybe some new development around that old building as well.

localtalent    24

Fascinating choice for a location.  When I said another brewery, I thought maybe a new start up! I just suspected NH would want to be on the south side of downtown with everyone else.  They would be a very strong anchor to the near west side.  It also looks like there is room for maybe some new development around that old building as well.

I don't think it's a brewery actually. 

That company does some other stuff, too.

GRDadof3    1837

Fox 17 is reporting that New Holland Brewing is expected to make an announcement that they will be opening at the corner of Bridge and Broadway.

http://fox17online.com/2014/10/01/announcement-planned-for-new-brewery-on-west-side/

I think the vacant building they refer to is the former Classic Video & Lingerie store.

Wow, Fox17 has no corroboration from New Holland or Rockford, yet are saying New Holland is opening in that building on the corner.

temporary.name    187

Wow, Fox17 has no corroboration from New Holland or Rockford, yet are saying New Holland is opening in that building on the corner.

Ain't nobody got time for "facts" and "confirmation."

GRDadof3    1837

Ain't nobody got time for "facts" and "confirmation."

"This just in! We talked to ourselves and found something on Facebook, and this new business is opening here!"

• Like 1

tSlater    114

Judging by their recent article where they reported on lower numbers at artprize that were found as a result of their really bad math (7000 last year and 9000 this year means 5000 fewer this year, apparently), I'm not surprised they'd report on this without doing any effort at all to confirm it.

GRDadof3    1837

Sounds like the media outlets may have the story wrong, or at least, not the complete picture. I hope to make the announcement tomorrow.

• Like 1

joeDowntown    664

Whatever goes in there, it is a beautiful building. I've always hoped that building would get renovated (instead of demo'd).

Joe

GRDadof3    1837

Whatever goes in there, it is a beautiful building. I've always hoped that building would get renovated (instead of demo'd).

Joe

Everyone is focused on that one little building, but I believe it's going to be more than that. Guess we'll have to see. :)

thebeerqueer    200

Sounds like the media outlets may have the story wrong, or at least, not the complete picture. I hope to make the announcement tomorrow.

So Dad, when can we expect to hear/see this annoucement?

mgreven    100

Rapid Growth has some nice photos on their Facebook page.  This is going to be a great project for Bridge Street!

And that was the first place I saw it.

MJLO    342

I pretty much think it looks phenomenal,  I think those would be perfect for that block.     But those are just hypothetical renderings yes?  It sounds like the New Holland part is a go, but the other half of the project seemed somewhat vague.  Are these the actual plans?  or has it not been fully unveiled yet.

• Like 1

GRDadof3    1837

I pretty much think it looks phenomenal,  I think those would be perfect for that block.     But those are just hypothetical renderings yes?  It sounds like the New Holland part is a go, but the other half of the project seemed somewhat vague.  Are these the actual plans?  or has it not been fully unveiled yet.

Those are the actual plans. There may be a few tweaks probably before they start construction, but they said they are going full bore ahead as soon as they clear some State level approvals.

Even though I had an idea of what it was, It's way cooler than I had anticipated. Has a big city look to it, similar to projects I've seen in D.C. maybe? Hats off to the designer! (who will be probably reading this thread tonight, if I were a betting man). :hi:

The building on the corner will not be included in the project (hence my internal chuckling at all the news media saying New Holland was moving into the corner).

• Like 2