GRDadof3

New projects on the West Side

On 10/27/2017 at 3:58 PM, GRDadof3 said:

It's proposed by Greg Lobdell who owns North Peak Brewing but it says the name will be "North." Maybe they're branding it more as a "restaurant" as opposed to a brewpub. 

Here's the narrative from Concept Design:

59f38ff65e87c_North-WestSide-Narrative1.thumb.jpg.6141394136c0fa1ddbe3dbdc259612eb.jpg

59f38ff3e02b8_North-WestSide-Narrative2.thumb.jpg.686eb83abe0d578e8073633f6779a743.jpg

I believe Mash is going to be in the basement, floors 2 - 5 residential.  At least, that's what someone said previously back up a page or so ago. 

I'm going to attempt to make it to this Planning Commission meeting next week. I'll report back any more info!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, GRDadof3 said:

Speaking of Cherry Street Capital, 601 Lake Michigan Drive is coming along. How about that orange? 

Where my haters, where my haters... ;)59fa6e4b3a7c7_601LMD2.thumb.jpg.7b0f355d7ff0f63841488d8b979e5c04.jpg

59fa6e43996bd_601LMD.thumb.jpg.71734a282357ff913e4a41fbf4abe8fe.jpg

I've seen pictures of uglier buildings...  from Yugoslavia...  In the 1970s.

I'm personally not a fan of the orange but I dig that they're trying not to be boring. The color change on the siding on the south facing upper floors is beyond frustrating. 

5 hours ago, thebeerqueer said:

I'm personally not a fan of the orange but I dig that they're trying not to be boring. The color change on the siding on the south facing upper floors is beyond frustrating. 

Yeah, is that f'reals or is that a mistake? Or not finished yet?  

21 minutes ago, GRDadof3 said:

Yeah, is that f'reals or is that a mistake? Or not finished yet?  

It's just not finished. I live next-door to a partner at Cherry Street Capital and thus keep all kinds of weird tabs on this project. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, GVSUChris said:

It's just not finished. I live next-door to a partner at Cherry Street Capital and thus keep all kinds of weird tabs on this project. 

Ahhh! Makes sense.

On 11/2/2017 at 8:29 AM, GRDadof3 said:

I'm going to attempt to make it to this Planning Commission meeting next week. I'll report back any more info!

From our NA board meeting last night: 44 units, studios and 1 bedrooms, ranging from 400-650 sq feet, outdoor seating in back and out front. I believe the only thing they're going to PC for is the outside space use.  Additionally, Walt Gutowski is planning on keeping the Red Lion sign. 

3 hours ago, thebeerqueer said:

From our NA board meeting last night: 44 units, studios and 1 bedrooms, ranging from 400-650 sq feet, outdoor seating in back and out front. I believe the only thing they're going to PC for is the outside space use.  Additionally, Walt Gutowski is planning on keeping the Red Lion sign. 

Hurray for saving the sign! :) Did they say what they'll do with it?

Joe

2 hours ago, joeDowntown said:

Hurray for saving the sign! :) Did they say what they'll do with it?

Joe

Umm,  Walt Gutowski is keeping it. The developers have no plans for it. I would imagine Walt will sell it to the highest bidder. 

7 hours ago, thebeerqueer said:

Approved! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, thebeerqueer said:

Umm,  Walt Gutowski is keeping it. The developers have no plans for it. I would imagine Walt will sell it to the highest bidder. 

Umm,  I was just asking if they had any plans. Whether it would stay in the neighborhood, etc. not exactly a question that deserved a snarky response (if that was your intent). Generally happy that the signs aren’t going in the dumpster. Wish they could be incorporated into the neighborhood somehow. 

Joe

• Like 1

12 hours ago, joeDowntown said:

Umm,  I was just asking if they had any plans. Whether it would stay in the neighborhood, etc. not exactly a question that deserved a snarky response (if that was your intent). Generally happy that the signs aren’t going in the dumpster. Wish they could be incorporated into the neighborhood somehow. 

Joe

Joe, my response wasn't meant to be snarky towards you, but for Walt keeping it and not offering it to the developer to be integrated into the new building. The developers love the sign and would be open to incorporating it as long as Walt would part with it for less than an astronomical price.  

I apologize if my snark landed wrong.  

-David

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, thebeerqueer said:

Joe, my response wasn't meant to be snarky towards you, but for Walt keeping it and not offering it to the developer to be integrated into the new building. The developers love the sign and would be open to incorporating it as long as Walt would part with it for less than an astronomical price.  

-David

No more use of the term "Ummmmm" anymore guys. It can be misconstrued as meaning "Hello??!!" or "Duh!!!" 

Thank you for your cooperation. - Mgmt 

:rofl:

12 minutes ago, GRDadof3 said:

No more use of the term "Ummmmm" anymore guys. It can be misconstrued as meaning "Hello??!!" or "Duh!!!" 

Thank you for your cooperation. - Mgmt 

:rofl:

Thanks for the rules Dad.  We'll all play nice in the back of the car. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, thebeerqueer said:

-David

Sorry, I took it wrong. I’m really bummed about those signs so I may have taken it personally. Let the signs stay with the development, Walt. :(

Joe

• Like 1

Do you guys know what's happening at the old 20th Century Meat Market space (610 Bridge ST NW)? I can't seem to recall specifics and there's the building permits are super vague; creating a 'white box' prior to marketing and looks like a second floor deck/porch, maybe an apartment or two?

11 minutes ago, thebeerqueer said:

Do you guys know what's happening at the old 20th Century Meat Market space (610 Bridge ST NW)? I can't seem to recall specifics and there's the building permits are super vague; creating a 'white box' prior to marketing and looks like a second floor deck/porch, maybe an apartment or two?

I think coffee shop, but maybe that's changed.  Timeframe is off from what we heard.  Maybe it fell through and they're just cleaning it up to market it?

Edited by mgreven

1 hour ago, mgreven said:

I think coffee shop, but maybe that's changed.  Timeframe is off from what we heard.  Maybe it fell through and they're just cleaning it up to market it?

I looked at this location about a year ago.  Wow.  Decades of meaty, smoky, crust was peeling of the walls in the back.  Looked like tree bark.  They had just started working on it then and were going for a white box.  I was NOT interested in seeing the basement.

• Like 1

I hope all this wonderful development on the West side keeps up.  These infill projects are great.  I wonder how long some of these blocks of houses will last.  It seems like developers will be eating them up soon, if they aren't already.

19 hours ago, mgreven said:

I just got these photos from my wife a few minutes ago...I guess everyone's taking photos there today.  =)

IMG_0083.thumb.jpeg.f4781d00b77344375210a0aadc1d9361.jpegIMG_0084.thumb.jpeg.716127d841ffd33418b1d300cd83a452.jpegIMG_0085.thumb.jpeg.2cdfa1e70b881d6ea54101b4cdfbc735.jpegIMG_0086.thumb.jpeg.e57962a634b0393953757e776944354d.jpeg

I was out there over the weekend on Sunday Mark, but it does look like the same dreary day. :)

20 hours ago, mgreven said:

I just got these photos from my wife a few minutes ago...I guess everyone's taking photos there today.  =)

IMG_0083.thumb.jpeg.f4781d00b77344375210a0aadc1d9361.jpegIMG_0084.thumb.jpeg.716127d841ffd33418b1d300cd83a452.jpegIMG_0085.thumb.jpeg.2cdfa1e70b881d6ea54101b4cdfbc735.jpegIMG_0086.thumb.jpeg.e57962a634b0393953757e776944354d.jpeg

From the vantage point of this former Chase site I can’t help but imagine what will go here. It is actually a decent sized site and while not as huge or grand as the super-block we know it’ll be something that adds even more cool density to this area. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, GVSUChris said:

From the vantage point of this former Chase site I can’t help but imagine what will go here. It is actually a decent sized site and while not as huge or grand as the super-block we know it’ll be something that adds even more cool density to this area. 

For sure.  Looks like Rockford owns it now...for a little bit I thought it was part of a package deal of several closed locations that Chase was trying to sell so it might sit for a bit.  Funny they closed that branch right after the start of major changes on that street.  Probably would be a great location in a couple years.  Ugly building though...

• Like 1