New projects on the West Side

GRDadof3

54 minutes ago, GVSUChris said:

They've actually stocked a lot of the shelves. If you go by and peak in the windows it is amazing to see it filled with products/merchandise/etc. 

I noticed Halloween merchandise through the garage doors. I don't want to think that far past this summer.

34 minutes ago, Prankster said:

Sorry, not familiar with who Brady is. What are those pics of?

Brady is a mutual friend of MJLO, sfloria and me. He lives on the Westside too. 

1 hour ago, GVSUChris said:

They've actually stocked a lot of the shelves. If you go by and peak in the windows it is amazing to see it filled with products/merchandise/etc. 

All the products add a lot of color! What an exciting time for Grand Rapids! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GRDadof3 said:

Not as big of crane news as Studio Park but there's a crane being assembled at the site of that mixed-use project near the Anchor Bar. Couldn't get a pic of it. Just a standard boom crane, which is surprising for such a tight site. 

I'm actually really excited about this project. I love that it will connect some of the anchors along Bridge, bring more height down the street, and bring two vital businesses to the mix. It's kind of hard (read as exhausting) to be excited about so many different projects. haha. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, GRDadof3 said:

Not as big of crane news as Studio Park but there's a crane being assembled at the site of that mixed-use project near the Anchor Bar. Couldn't get a pic of it. Just a standard boom crane, which is surprising for such a tight site. 

I believe that is for the auger-cast piles they are installing this week.

1 hour ago, GVSUChris said:

I'm actually really excited about this project. I love that it will connect some of the anchors along Bridge, bring more height down the street, and bring two vital businesses to the mix. It's kind of hard (read as exhausting) to be excited about so many different projects. haha. 

We need to give it a name. I hate calling it "you know, that one project where Red Lion used to be? Next to Anchor Bar?" 

I'll have to go back and see if it has a name. 

1 hour ago, GReno said:

I believe that is for the auger-cast piles they are installing this week.

Thanks GReno! Good info. 

On 8/13/2018 at 2:23 PM, iK1NkY said:

Studio $900 – 975 1 Bedroom $1,100 – 1,575 2 Bedrooms $2,575 – 3,050

Don't forget the parking fees...     

From Apartments.com.........

Unassigned Covered Parking$125

Edited by Morris

7 hours ago, Morris said:

That's still pretty good. A lot of the apartments downtown are $2+/square foot. 

8 hours ago, Morris said:

This project is right on the corner of the soon-to-be-free Route 19 which could attract some car-less tenants. 

• Like 2

I am hoping we start seeing other amenities added to Bridge St like Judes Barbershop, and national gym brands that are not the Y as well.  I could basically do all of my errands walking from home and no longer have to suffer through Alpine :tw_heart:

• Like 1

I think a mixture of the two would be great.  I understand the opinions people have of chains.  IMO they are a great measure of how healthy an urban neighborhood is.  If the chains start popping up in a neighborhood it's an indicator it's crossed a certain threshold of commercial stability. 

• Like 3