New projects on the West Side

GRDadof3

13 hours ago, grandrollerz said:

Does anyone know what the project is that's on the northwest corner of Leonard and collindale? It's over by blandford nature Center. Looks like good use of space in a nice area.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I believe it's just a new apartment building. I couldn't find any details on the city's site.  

6 hours ago, HavingAhoot said:

Anyone know what going on at the Bridge st and Indiana ave Superwash?

"Surface parking lot asphalt removal and excavation, removal and disposal of petroleum contaminated soil. The limits of excavation may extend into the right-of-way of Indiana Street NW."

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
14 hours ago, TheLonesomeHobo said:

The project on the former Red Lion site is fully topped out / framed and today the windows started to go in. I commute past this site everyday and it really feels like they’re taking a long time on it.

I noticed that yesterday as I was leaving the Y.  This project really helps infill the density between the Barley Flats building and the Hendrick.

On 5/30/2019 at 9:30 AM, thebeerqueer said:

I noticed that yesterday as I was leaving the Y.  This project really helps infill the density between the Barley Flats building and the Hendrick.

A friend of mine posted a picture on social media of them sitting on the patio of Sovengard with the Westside sign and this project in the background. Looked huge. Pretty cool. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

They've added the steel structures onto the "North" project that will hold up the balconies and it looks pretty cool. Tried to get pictures but it's sorta nuts down there with Bridge being the main detour route for road construction on 196. 

dnbuilding.jpg

• Like 1

I can see development going crazy in this area in the near future.  There's a ton of surface lots and old dilapidated houses and buildings, plus it's an awesome location right across the river from DT.

3 hours ago, GVSUChris said:

As I read through some city Planning Department things, I noticed an application for 657 West Fulton, to demolish existing structures and build two, three-story mixed-use buildings.  Anyone have a scoop? 

I don't have the scoop on this exact one but from my time on the NA board I can tell you there's been so many proposals for that corner in the past that have all been underwhelming. Now the are could actually support some more infill. I'll ask around. 

• 2 weeks later...

Took the moped out for a long ride on Sunday. A lot of homeless people downtown on a Sunday, and a huge crowd at The Little Bird on Monroe Center. 

Anyway, got some good pictures. Here are some from the West Side:

Looks like Chicago

208573402_NorthapartmentsfromSovengard.thumb.jpg.78cdd448a3fea589b5eecfaeb98f47c0.jpg

Stockbridge Apts by Meijer. 

1356826302_Stockbridgeapts6-2019.thumb.jpg.86834996a93ee60d71d66c2095e8ee73.jpg

Anybody know whats going in on the parcel next to the used car dealership located were Walker Ave. dog legs into Stacking Ave?  The parcel is fenced off and grading is going on. A contractors office trailer is set up on the south edge of the parcel. 

4 hours ago, tamias6 said:

Anybody know whats going in on the parcel next to the used car dealership located were Walker Ave. dog legs into Stacking Ave?  The parcel is fenced off and grading is going on. A contractors office trailer is set up on the south edge of the parcel. 

Four story, 50 unit apartment complex ... https://www.grbj.com/articles/91077-firm-buys-land-for-affordable-housing-on-west-side

I have never seen any renderings around for it though.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, MJLO said:

I noticed that the salon sandwiched in the building between Butchers Union, and Jolly Pumpkin as vacated for another location, as I walked by this morning.  Does anyone know what the plans might be?

From their FB page

Screen Shot 2019-07-09 at 9.04.29 AM.png

• Like 1