New projects on the West Side

GRDadof3

On 3/18/2016 at 9:13 AM, thebeerqueer said:

First of all, it's JBAN; secondly, the JBAN association overwhelmingly doesn't oppose new projects on the Westside. That being said, the loudest voices in our neighborhood (i.e. social media, lame local news media, internet in general, etc ... ) get the most coverage. Third, this is WAY outside of our boundaries, it's WGNO's responsibility. Get your facts straight before you throw shade, albeit funny shade.

LOL sorry Dave :)

• Like 2

On 18 March 2016 at 6:46 PM, GRDadof3 said:

Alright you guys. 

In other news, Third Coast Development is moving over to the West Side, Leonard and Alpine. 

25259385324_05992d060c_b.jpg

Very nice!  The westside is booming!  I'm going to need a map to keep all of the projects straight.

On 12/22/2015 at 10:07 AM, joeDowntown said:

Took a few pictures of Fulton Place (sorry for the dreary pics. Mother nature was grumpy). This building has gone up fast! Also love to see the infill on Fulton. The townhouses on Seward are also up (looks like they are to the interior stage). Unfortunately, I couldn't get a pic of those. 

Joe

IMG_1735.JPG

IMG_1736.JPG

IMG_1737.JPG

I think we have seen most of this, but all tied up into a website now for Fulton Place- http://www.fultonplacegr.com/

19 hours ago, Floyd_Z said:

Very nice!  The westside is booming!  I'm going to need a map to keep all of the projects straight.

I think it could use some toning down, actually. ;) Looks a little space age for the dreary brick Leonard corridor. 

If it looks a lot like 240 Ionia, I think that's because it's the same designer. 

On March 23, 2016 at 0:04 PM, GRDadof3 said:

I think it could use some toning down, actually. ;) Looks a little space age for the dreary brick Leonard corridor. 

If it looks a lot like 240 Ionia, I think that's because it's the same designer. 

Maybe it's just me, but I think Leonard and Alpine seems a little too optimistic for  putting a building in. Maybe I'll be wrong but it seems like a real gamble. 

Joe

• Like 1

I was walking around the Bridge/Broadway area yesterday and I couldn't believe how massive the Rockford and 616 developments looked next to each other.  Bridge St. is going to look like it's in another city a year from now.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MJLO said:

I was walking around the Bridge/Broadway area yesterday and I couldn't believe how massive the Rockford and 616 developments looked next to each other.  Bridge St. is going to look like it's in another city a year from now.

I noticed that too. The Alabama project is almost exactly how I envisioned a project looking there, back in 2013/14. 

14209398461_92377c7ca3_b.jpg

I really hope they can bring something up to the sidewalk along Leanard, Its an odd tight lot wedge next to the railroad but theres plenty of room for infill along that stretch and this is where its most needed, plus it could make for a really unique building perhaps retail/office mix with a rooftop?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm really liking the execution of the Fulton Place building on the corner of Fulton and Seward. The brick vertical sections go up to just the top of the 4th floor, which is a nice touch. Nice job on ProgressiveAE's part. 

26351559336_c1ce274e66_b.jpg

The other building is pretty straightforward. 

25774719763_10222ffe7c_b.jpg

This is awesome news!  I know that people put together a Facebook page to raise money to restore it but now it's being done by the owners.  I wonder how long SIBSCO keeps El Sombrero there before they start building something?  I'm also still wondering when we'll hear anything about all the vacant buildings to the west of that corner.  I know the old Louie's Bar is having some work done on it and the new owners are trying to put a new restaurant in there...not sure the status of that or what it will be.

Did we cover that Konkle's is gone now and the SteelCat Bar is opening up there soon?  Definitely an upgrade there it seems.  The old Konkle's sign is changed out now.

3 hours ago, mgreven said:

This is awesome news!  I know that people put together a Facebook page to raise money to restore it but now it's being done by the owners.  I wonder how long SIBSCO keeps El Sombrero there before they start building something?  I'm also still wondering when we'll hear anything about all the vacant buildings to the west of that corner.  I know the old Louie's Bar is having some work done on it and the new owners are trying to put a new restaurant in there...not sure the status of that or what it will be.

Did we cover that Konkle's is gone now and the SteelCat Bar is opening up there soon?  Definitely an upgrade there it seems.  The old Konkle's sign is changed out now.

Did they remove the whole Konkle's Bar sign, or are they able to keep it up and change out the name?  Or did they put something else in its place?  I've been curious about that. 

From the Holiday Bar FB page:

**SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT**

Today 4/11 we begin a major construction project/improvement. We will be OPEN during construction; our entrance will be temporarily in the rear (northwest corner) of the building. We are excited for you to enjoy the improvements and look forward to an exceptional Spring/Summer!

12495101_10154006323945874_8729562540953

That sidewalk looks wide enough for outdoor seating too.

Edited by RegalTDP