New projects on the West Side

GRDadof3

2 hours ago, joeDowntown said:

Definitely fills in that area. Looks nice! Wonder if there are plans for the brick building next to it. That owner ended up in a nice position. 

Joe

They appeared to be putting a new roof on when I was there. 

• Like 1

On 4/27/2017 at 1:48 PM, localtalent said:

The space is listed for lease. Nothing to report so far. Let me know if you've got a likely target! :)

How much square footage Scott or are you still in recovery. 

Actually never mind, I don't have any leads for your old space. 

Just on Bridge Street a few minutes ago, Butcher's Union has outdoor seating out now on the sidewalk but the reason for my post is that the parking lot next to the Red Lion is all fenced off. Is that for Jolly Pumpkin? Is that a go now - haven't heard anything on that for a while. 

Edited by mgreven
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, mgreven said:

Just on Bridge Street a few minutes ago, Butcher's Union has outdoor seating out now on the sidewalk but the reason for my post is that the parking lot next to the Red Lion is all fenced off. Is that for Jolly Pumpkin? Is that a go now - haven't heard anything on that for a while. 

Looks like the property changed hands on March 17, 2017, actually, to a new LLC. Slipped right under the radar. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, mgreven said:

I noticed the fencing too but it sort of looked like there is a gate on it and on Saturday afternoon there were two cars inside it. Maybe leftovers from Friday night at the Anchor?

19 hours ago, GRDadof3 said:

Looks like the property changed hands on March 17, 2017, actually, to a new LLC. Slipped right under the radar. 

I really hope we'll see some updated renderings, the last set of images were pretty abysmal. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, mpchicago said:

Any insight as to why this location "at best" is 'on hold'?  I don't recall any major issues? 

I was going to say, if it wasn't Jully Pumpkin who bought it in March, then I wonder who it was. The LLC is just registered to an attorney in Cascade (typical cover).

Solomon Building Group and Phoenix 5, LLC (American Realty) are planning a renovation of an existing building, along with an addtion for first floor office and second floor apartments at 824 Bridge.  I think the also own the single family home at the corner of Indiana and Bridge. Looks like a nice project. 

824 Bridge.png

Edited by mpchicago
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, mpchicago said:

Solomon Building Group and Phoenix 5, LLC (American Realty) are planning a renovation of an existing building, along with an addtion for first floor office and second floor apartments at 824 Bridge.  I think the also own the single family home at the corner of Indiana and Bridge. Looks like a nice project. 

4350_001.pdf

file not available.

On 5/10/2017 at 8:18 AM, GRDadof3 said:

I was going to say, if it wasn't Jully Pumpkin who bought it in March, then I wonder who it was. The LLC is just registered to an attorney in Cascade (typical cover).

Last night a representative from a large local developer with a geological reference in their name, asked me this same question. Seems they're just as in the dark about this project as the rest of us. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, localtalent said:

If I were to speculate, which is all I'd be doing, I'd think perhaps a better opportunity opened up for them in the same area?

Speculation and rumors are our lifeblood here! Just kidding.

That same representative from a large local developer with a geological reference in their name, mentioned they're finding some interesting and unexpected foundations as they excavate the site.

1 hour ago, thebeerqueer said:

Speculation and rumors are our lifeblood here! Just kidding.

That same representative from a large local developer with a geological reference in their name, mentioned they're finding some interesting and unexpected foundations as they excavate the site.

I was told today that the Meijer site will have 2 months of utility and foundation work before it goes vertical. 

And my speculation about Jolly Pumpkin was not tied to the Meijer/'super block' project.

• Like 2