New projects on the West Side

GRDadof3

Fox 17 is reporting that New Holland Brewing is expected to make an announcement that they will be opening at the corner of Bridge and Broadway.

http://fox17online.com/2014/10/01/announcement-planned-for-new-brewery-on-west-side/

I think the vacant building they refer to is the former Classic Video & Lingerie store.

Fascinating choice for a location.  When I said another brewery, I thought maybe a new start up! I just suspected NH would want to be on the south side of downtown with everyone else.  They would be a very strong anchor to the near west side.  It also looks like there is room for maybe some new development around that old building as well.

Fascinating choice for a location.  When I said another brewery, I thought maybe a new start up! I just suspected NH would want to be on the south side of downtown with everyone else.  They would be a very strong anchor to the near west side.  It also looks like there is room for maybe some new development around that old building as well.

I don't think it's a brewery actually. 

That company does some other stuff, too.

Fox 17 is reporting that New Holland Brewing is expected to make an announcement that they will be opening at the corner of Bridge and Broadway.

http://fox17online.com/2014/10/01/announcement-planned-for-new-brewery-on-west-side/

I think the vacant building they refer to is the former Classic Video & Lingerie store.

Wow, Fox17 has no corroboration from New Holland or Rockford, yet are saying New Holland is opening in that building on the corner.

Whatever goes in there, it is a beautiful building. I've always hoped that building would get renovated (instead of demo'd).

Joe

Whatever goes in there, it is a beautiful building. I've always hoped that building would get renovated (instead of demo'd).

Joe

Everyone is focused on that one little building, but I believe it's going to be more than that. Guess we'll have to see. :)

I pretty much think it looks phenomenal,  I think those would be perfect for that block.     But those are just hypothetical renderings yes?  It sounds like the New Holland part is a go, but the other half of the project seemed somewhat vague.  Are these the actual plans?  or has it not been fully unveiled yet.

• Like 1

I pretty much think it looks phenomenal,  I think those would be perfect for that block.     But those are just hypothetical renderings yes?  It sounds like the New Holland part is a go, but the other half of the project seemed somewhat vague.  Are these the actual plans?  or has it not been fully unveiled yet.

Those are the actual plans. There may be a few tweaks probably before they start construction, but they said they are going full bore ahead as soon as they clear some State level approvals.

Even though I had an idea of what it was, It's way cooler than I had anticipated. Has a big city look to it, similar to projects I've seen in D.C. maybe? Hats off to the designer! (who will be probably reading this thread tonight, if I were a betting man). :hi:

The building on the corner will not be included in the project (hence my internal chuckling at all the news media saying New Holland was moving into the corner).

• Like 2

Holy s...Crap!  :shok:

That is unreal! I was expecting just some little thing, but these guys are going all in on something incredible. I dont even feel bad if they have to demolish what's there if this is what is going up.

Now this is how you change the game, people!  :good:

• Like 1

The building on the corner will not be included in the project (hence my internal chuckling at all the news media saying New Holland was moving into the corner).

So just the building at Broadway and Bridge will be built then?  The other is just a "serving suggestion"  if you will?  Damn I was dumb enough to hope that both were being included.  :)