New projects on the West Side

GRDadof3

7 hours ago, thebeerqueer said:

From our NA board meeting last night: 44 units, studios and 1 bedrooms, ranging from 400-650 sq feet, outdoor seating in back and out front. I believe the only thing they're going to PC for is the outside space use.  Additionally, Walt Gutowski is planning on keeping the Red Lion sign. 

Approved! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, thebeerqueer said:

Umm,  Walt Gutowski is keeping it. The developers have no plans for it. I would imagine Walt will sell it to the highest bidder. 

Umm,  I was just asking if they had any plans. Whether it would stay in the neighborhood, etc. not exactly a question that deserved a snarky response (if that was your intent). Generally happy that the signs aren’t going in the dumpster. Wish they could be incorporated into the neighborhood somehow. 

Joe

• Like 1

12 hours ago, joeDowntown said:

Umm,  I was just asking if they had any plans. Whether it would stay in the neighborhood, etc. not exactly a question that deserved a snarky response (if that was your intent). Generally happy that the signs aren’t going in the dumpster. Wish they could be incorporated into the neighborhood somehow. 

Joe

Joe, my response wasn't meant to be snarky towards you, but for Walt keeping it and not offering it to the developer to be integrated into the new building. The developers love the sign and would be open to incorporating it as long as Walt would part with it for less than an astronomical price.  

I apologize if my snark landed wrong.  

-David

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, thebeerqueer said:

Joe, my response wasn't meant to be snarky towards you, but for Walt keeping it and not offering it to the developer to be integrated into the new building. The developers love the sign and would be open to incorporating it as long as Walt would part with it for less than an astronomical price.  

-David

No more use of the term "Ummmmm" anymore guys. It can be misconstrued as meaning "Hello??!!" or "Duh!!!" 

Thank you for your cooperation. - Mgmt 

:rofl:

11 hours ago, thebeerqueer said:

-David

Sorry, I took it wrong. I’m really bummed about those signs so I may have taken it personally. Let the signs stay with the development, Walt. :(

Joe

• Like 1

Do you guys know what's happening at the old 20th Century Meat Market space (610 Bridge ST NW)? I can't seem to recall specifics and there's the building permits are super vague; creating a 'white box' prior to marketing and looks like a second floor deck/porch, maybe an apartment or two?

11 minutes ago, thebeerqueer said:

Do you guys know what's happening at the old 20th Century Meat Market space (610 Bridge ST NW)? I can't seem to recall specifics and there's the building permits are super vague; creating a 'white box' prior to marketing and looks like a second floor deck/porch, maybe an apartment or two?

I think coffee shop, but maybe that's changed.  Timeframe is off from what we heard.  Maybe it fell through and they're just cleaning it up to market it?

Edited by mgreven

1 hour ago, mgreven said:

I think coffee shop, but maybe that's changed.  Timeframe is off from what we heard.  Maybe it fell through and they're just cleaning it up to market it?

I looked at this location about a year ago.  Wow.  Decades of meaty, smoky, crust was peeling of the walls in the back.  Looked like tree bark.  They had just started working on it then and were going for a white box.  I was NOT interested in seeing the basement.

• Like 1

I hope all this wonderful development on the West side keeps up.  These infill projects are great.  I wonder how long some of these blocks of houses will last.  It seems like developers will be eating them up soon, if they aren't already.

20 hours ago, mgreven said:

I just got these photos from my wife a few minutes ago...I guess everyone's taking photos there today.  =)

IMG_0083.thumb.jpeg.f4781d00b77344375210a0aadc1d9361.jpegIMG_0084.thumb.jpeg.716127d841ffd33418b1d300cd83a452.jpegIMG_0085.thumb.jpeg.2cdfa1e70b881d6ea54101b4cdfbc735.jpegIMG_0086.thumb.jpeg.e57962a634b0393953757e776944354d.jpeg

From the vantage point of this former Chase site I can’t help but imagine what will go here. It is actually a decent sized site and while not as huge or grand as the super-block we know it’ll be something that adds even more cool density to this area. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, GVSUChris said:

From the vantage point of this former Chase site I can’t help but imagine what will go here. It is actually a decent sized site and while not as huge or grand as the super-block we know it’ll be something that adds even more cool density to this area. 

For sure.  Looks like Rockford owns it now...for a little bit I thought it was part of a package deal of several closed locations that Chase was trying to sell so it might sit for a bit.  Funny they closed that branch right after the start of major changes on that street.  Probably would be a great location in a couple years.  Ugly building though...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

That could be the case. The listing reads like so:

"New development at Lexington & Bridge St. High profile corner location with a corporate image. Completion TBD.

Full 2nd, 3rd, and 4th-floor suites available (10,690 SF each) with a restaurant to occupy the ground floor. Across the street from brand new, grocery-anchored, development. Located along the “Gateway” to downtown Grand Rapids from the West-side. Walkable to many new restaurants, retail, and breweries. "

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Pattmost20 said:

This rendering popped up on the commercial listing for 614 Bridge St NW (Chase Bank Site). 

Bridge Street.JPG

Whoa, what's with the angled diamondy shaped glass on the corner? Yet the main floor glass goes straight across (you can see the design fighting with itself right above the "cafe" sign. :)

Saw this image on zillow's rental site for 824 Bridge:

5a215442c01fc_824bridgestreet.thumb.jpg.0fff87e7e30763557dde0c289e791680.jpg

https://www.google.com/maps/@42.9707948,-85.6885691,3a,75y,190.95h,91.83t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sWS3G9gB0u2ADVS4mI3yGKQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en

• Like 1