GRDadof3

New projects on the West Side

10 hours ago, civitas said:

Only 5 years ago...

Now seems like a good time to remind, Google Maps Street View has an option to view historical imagery. Just click the clock icon in the desktop viewer, and it gives you a date slider. It's great for seeing the progress that's been made over the last decade or so.

Edited by ZAP!
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, ZAP! said:

Now seems like a good time to remind, Google Maps Street View has an option to view historical imagery. Just click the clock icon in the desktop viewer, and it gives you a date slider. It's great for seeing the progress that's been made over the last decade or so.

Sadly, for some older pictures, quality is poor. If I had a nickle for every pixel in those pictures, I'd have three cents.

But yes, it is super cool to see.

14 hours ago, ZAP! said:

I never knew that. What a cool feature! Thanks!

Looking at the Accela permit map, it looks like 1220 West Fulton is being renovated to be Squibb Coffee and Rise Bakery. Not sure if anyone can confirm this. If so, this is a great location for a coffee shop. The Laker Line will have an inbound and outbound platform within a stone's throw of the building. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, demhem said:

Looking at the Accela permit map, it looks like 1220 West Fulton is being renovated to be Squibb Coffee and Rise Bakery. Not sure if anyone can confirm this. If so, this is a great location for a coffee shop. The Laker Line will have an inbound and outbound platform within a stone's throw of the building. 

Awesome news for Squibb. They make dang good coffee.

1 hour ago, Pattmost20 said:

Awesome news for Squibb. They make dang good coffee.

And the family that owns and operate it are seriously THE BEST. Great people, great hearts, great for the neighborhood. 

18 minutes ago, EastownLeo said:

Some Interior shots from Brady Schickinger

I thought I saw those on FB, and then read the caption lol.   If only Brady posted on here. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, EastownLeo said:

38282973_10214852150449263_3622492309276327936_o.jpg

38419278_10214852151329285_4744360994174664704_o.jpg

38264082_10214852151009277_6356348729594740736_o.jpg

38135259_10214852151249283_896493192323530752_o.jpg

38133436_10214852150329260_1215482084139728896_o.jpg

They've actually stocked a lot of the shelves. If you go by and peak in the windows it is amazing to see it filled with products/merchandise/etc. 

25 minutes ago, MJLO said:

I thought I saw those on FB, and then read the caption lol.   If only Brady posted on here. 

Be careful what you ask for ... :rofl:

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Prankster said:

Sorry, not familiar with who Brady is. What are those pics of?

I don't know who Brady is, but those are interior shots of Bridge Street Market.

54 minutes ago, GVSUChris said:

They've actually stocked a lot of the shelves. If you go by and peak in the windows it is amazing to see it filled with products/merchandise/etc. 

I noticed Halloween merchandise through the garage doors. I don't want to think that far past this summer.

34 minutes ago, Prankster said:

Sorry, not familiar with who Brady is. What are those pics of?

Brady is a mutual friend of MJLO, sfloria and me. He lives on the Westside too. 

1 hour ago, GVSUChris said:

All the products add a lot of color! What an exciting time for Grand Rapids! 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, EastownLeo said:

38419278_10214852151329285_4744360994174664704_o.jpg

Are those all a bunch of lazy-susan shelves in a cooler of sorts? What a great way to maximize selection and item diversity in a smaller footprint.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tSlater said:

Are those all a bunch of lazy-susan shelves in a cooler of sorts? What a great way to maximize selection and item diversity in a smaller footprint.

I think those are filled with greeting cards now.

Not as big of crane news as Studio Park but there's a crane being assembled at the site of that mixed-use project near the Anchor Bar. Couldn't get a pic of it. Just a standard boom crane, which is surprising for such a tight site. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GRDadof3 said:

Not as big of crane news as Studio Park but there's a crane being assembled at the site of that mixed-use project near the Anchor Bar. Couldn't get a pic of it. Just a standard boom crane, which is surprising for such a tight site. 

I'm actually really excited about this project. I love that it will connect some of the anchors along Bridge, bring more height down the street, and bring two vital businesses to the mix. It's kind of hard (read as exhausting) to be excited about so many different projects. haha. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, GRDadof3 said:

I believe that is for the auger-cast piles they are installing this week.

1 hour ago, GVSUChris said:

I'm actually really excited about this project. I love that it will connect some of the anchors along Bridge, bring more height down the street, and bring two vital businesses to the mix. It's kind of hard (read as exhausting) to be excited about so many different projects. haha. 

We need to give it a name. I hate calling it "you know, that one project where Red Lion used to be? Next to Anchor Bar?" 

I'll have to go back and see if it has a name. 

1 hour ago, GReno said:

I believe that is for the auger-cast piles they are installing this week.

Thanks GReno! Good info. 

30 minutes ago, GRDadof3 said:

We need to give it a name. I hate calling it "you know, that one project where Red Lion used to be? Next to Anchor Bar?" 

I'll have to go back and see if it has a name. 

I've just been calling it the North Peak building.