New Holland Brewing Co - The Knickerbocker Brewpub and Distillery - West Side Gateway Project

GRDadof3

22 minutes ago, ctpgr34 said:

It's really sweet inside, was there today! It's supposed to evoke the feeling of two older buildings on the West Side that were rehabbed, with the "atrium" between the two buildings as the old alley that was turned into brewery space. Don't know how well I captured that feeling but here ya go. 

DSC_0975.JPG

DSC_0974.JPG

DSC_0973.JPG

DSC_0971.JPG

DSC_0970.JPG

DSC_0969.JPG

DSC_0967.JPG

DSC_0964.JPG

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, thebeerqueer said:

Looks fantastic! The atrium and the outdoor space are great. 

One thing cool I noticed is that when they do have live music, it's not going to take over the entire place like it tends to do at Founders. It's mainly in the biergarten area, which actually stretches back around the corner from that stage into another open courtyard area. 

I'll see if I can illustrate this. The stage is in red, the blue area is all the beer garden area (polished concrete floors). And there's an outdoor bar that serves the beer garden just directly below the stage on the plan. The indoor beer garden area opens completely to the outdoor area.

The whole main bar area has changed too, it seems. 

Knickerbocker Stage.jpg

On 9/18/2016 at 3:30 PM, GRDadof3 said:

In the whole metro area? It's apparently 40,000 square feet which is huge for a restaurant/pub/brewery.

I'm trying to think of a restaurant in the metro area this big.  Am I not thinking about something? I'm still just amazed at the size.  Eager to see how much music they have and what types.

Pictures don't do this place justice. You can tell they spent a lot of time and money to get it right. It feels like a statement piece for the brand as they expand more nationally.

When the gentleman seated me tonight, he asked if it was my first time there. I laughed a bit and said yes. He told me some people say it's there fourth or fifth time at that location.

10 hours ago, droonus2000 said:

Pictures don't do this place justice. You can tell they spent a lot of time and money to get it right. It feels like a statement piece for the brand as they expand more nationally.

When the gentleman seated me tonight, he asked if it was my first time there. I laughed a bit and said yes. He told me some people say it's there fourth or fifth time at that location.

There's a whole blog on Studiowise's page talking about the "trees" in the atrium:

http://www.studiowisedesign.com/design-blog/2016/9/19/a-modern-forest-inside-new-holland-brewing-companies-the-knickerbocker-beer-hall

The 40,000 must include the entire building including the offices upstairs, because when I add up the square footage of the restaurant on the plan above, it's probably around 18,000 - 20,000 sf (with the mezzanine level too).  I didn't even get a chance to check out the upstairs, which looks way bigger than I thought. 

16175615101_c643468f7d_b.jpg 

• 1 month later...
On 3/18/2016 at 6:53 PM, GRDadof3 said:

CARMW now shows that Rockford has two floors above New Holland Brewing available for office space, each floor is about 10,000 sf. 

25259463954_304150841b_b.jpg

25866277936_e8414e44e5_o.jpg

25259464044_641158caeb_o.jpg

I heard that Adtegrity is moving from 38 Commerce to here in early 2017.  

41 minutes ago, EastownLeo said:

Would this be a major reduction in space for Adtegrity? I always felt their current space was quite large.

I want to say the main floor is roughly 6000 sq ft with offices above just running along the edge.  I would say the new is a bit larger. Currently they have ramp parking so the will be quite an adjustment for the employees.

2 hours ago, ctpgr34 said:

I want to say the main floor is roughly 6000 sq ft with offices above just running along the edge.  I would say the new is a bit larger. Currently they have ramp parking so the will be quite an adjustment for the employees.

What do you mean? There's no parking problem. Nothing to see here. :) 

There's actually a lot of parking in that area but it's uncovered, obviously. 

59 minutes ago, GRDadof3 said:

What do you mean? There's no parking problem. Nothing to see here. :) 

There's actually a lot of parking in that area but it's uncovered, obviously. 

Never said anything about a parking problem, more an adjustment from walking right into the office from the ramp compared to walking a distance and wiping snow off cars;)

Archived