Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gman430

Park Avenue Condos.

29 posts in this topic

I like these.  Nothing dramatic, but classy looking and will age well.

I agree, classic design, not too trendy.

I had hoped to see something similar to Ridgeland at the Park and this proposal delivered an excellent result. Park Avenue is a pleasant place to live in a quiet part of Downtown with convenient access to the area's best urban amenities.

The North End is quickly gaining a lot of momentum. I'm glad we have a solid trolley system in place. Expansion on that system of movement will be good for downtown-- hopefully transitioning it to a legit commuting option for those of us who live downtown and work in another district of the urban core.

I actually really like the design. But...I'm terrified that they will clearcut the heck out of the area. It's such a nice, shady little valley with lots of trees. There's probably no way they can build something so large without turning the area into an arid desert.

1 person likes this

The attractiveness of the site is the trees along the creek along with the creek, that is an amenity, I think you will see that most of those will remain.  You can look at the attached package, it includes the landscaping and tree plan.  For the most part the new building is sitting in the footprint of the current building and parking.

Is this thing approved or did we miss something? He's talking like it. I still think its a bad idea. I've been talking to a few people about it. Alot of people say its a good location for condos. Just not this one. I guess we'll have to see what is said at review.

And remember what i said about Westfield and Academy..... Well the same applies. We saw what happenned to that.

Is this thing approved or did we miss something? He's talking like it. I still think its a bad idea. I've been talking to a few people about it. Alot of people say its a good location for condos. Just not this one. I guess we'll have to see what is said at review.

And remember what i said about Westfield and Academy..... Well the same applies. We saw what happenned to that.

Looks like the Westfield/Academy will be back up for review with a parking garage per the DRB notice. Plans not uploaded yet.

Westfield at Academy is still very much alive.

Westfield at Academy is still very much alive.

I didn't say it wasn't. But it did have to change my friend. I suspect that this may change as well. I will be surprised if this get built as is or at all.

I didn't say it wasn't. But it did have to change my friend. I suspect that this may change as well. I will be surprised if this get built as is or at all.

I doubt you'll see this change and I personally hope it doesn't.

Edited by gman430
1 person likes this

Like i said. It will be surprising to see this as we see it today. Hopefully once again not at all.

The price point seems too high. This location seems like it could have been an opportunity for some affordable condo option for young professionals. For reasons that include: that it backs up to the jail, is on the periphery of downtown (not the heart), and is in the Currently under developed North End.

The price point seems too high. This location seems like it could have been an opportunity for some affordable condo option for young professionals. For reasons that include: that it backs up to the jail, is on the periphery of downtown (not the heart), and is in the Currently under developed North End.

Affordable and condos don't go together when you're talking about downtown.

Affordable and condos don't go together when you're talking about downtown.

I would say that Pendleton West falls into that category as an affordable "for purchase" option downtown. However, it is a rare option and those units don't sit on the market for very long.

Now they're describing this as mountain lodge living with downtown conveniences. I said it was gonna change didn't I.

It does look better

Did I miss something? What changed from the original proposal?