Why cant we have this? Raised bike lane

sunshine

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Winter Garden is embracing the bike trail they have and planning the downtown around it. Isn't Mount Doral is doing something similar like this? I think San Francisco is doing something similar at their bridge.

We have the urban trail and getrude walk but the city just doesn't seem to be able to get it together.

I agree that it is a catch-22. Bike share program is a start but it is dangerous to share road with Orlando drivers.

Imagine there is a separate bike trail that go the entire perimeter of downtown as a loop, (OBT, 50, Mills, South street). It would be a weekend event for people to ride their bike on that considering Lake Eola is so crowded on the weekend.

One of these dedicated bike lane/ bridge from downtown to maybe Bladwin park....instead of spending billions of dollars on I4.

I'm not sure how the 2 projects relate other than the fact that they both cost money.

Remember, I4 is actually a necessary rebuild just due to outdated engineering and wear and tear. After this project, the expanding is tapped out through downtown because there is no room - fortunately for us it's at a much smaller lane count than California or other mega highways. The variable tolls should help make those lanes go further.

All of that aside, bike infrastructure should be improved. Separated paths and lanes that connect meaningfully. We need to continue to push for this.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived