The Dillon: Kane's first downtown mixed use project

RALNATIVE

10 hours ago, RALNATIVE said:

Wasn't Hatem also proposing a 20+ story project in the Warehouse D?

I've become skeptical of Hatem's plans for highrise projects every since the Lafayette bit the dust.

I believe so.  Empire owns the two parcels at the SW corner of Davie and Dawson, and they successfully rezoned the properties up to 12 stories.  But I share your skepticism about this project.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, RALNATIVE said:

Wasn't Hatem also proposing a 20+ story project in the Warehouse D?

I've become skeptical of Hatem's plans for highrise projects every since the Lafayette bit the dust.

If memory serves me correctly, he blustered about a 30 story building on Hargett at the old Ace Towing lot and it 'being in design phase'. More realistic sounding was a rezoning next to Crank Arm on that dirt lot the Pit uses for Valet parking to get up to 12 stories. That would be a good partner project to Schuster's building I think. Some of my favorite streetscapes alternate tall and short with narrow buildings. 

• Like 2

On 12/8/2018 at 12:33 AM, Jones_ said:

Oak looked open for business to me last weekend with valets getting in my way while biking by. It was busy. Three jam packed steakhouses in *downtown Raleigh...whowouldda thunk?

I'm sorry I'm a complete idiot...The Oak is not open. Its the other place next to it which..I don't even know what it is...Japanese steak house maybe? Had an O and K in the name too...I suck. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Jones_ said:

I'm sorry I'm a complete idiot...The Oak is not open. Its the other place next to it which..I don't even know what it is...Japanese steak house maybe? Had an O and K in the name too...I suck. 

I think it is Charleston based Oku sushi    Okay now you owe me a steak from Oak LOL! 

http://okuraleigh.com/

• Haha 3

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 years later...