smeagolsfree

Grace Development Project on Elliston 18 STORIES

18 posts in this topic

Now if somebody would replace the hideous strip mall on West End, directly behind this development! Soon, please!!!

3 people like this

I remember everybody (including myself) making fun of Grace Development back when they bought this property a while ago, mainly due to their website and some of the pictures they have on there (especially the residential properties section). Maybe this will refresh peoples memories...lol

http://gracedevelopment.com/tennesseeavailable/

I hope they can pull this off, but I'm about as skeptical with this one as I am with Crescendo. 

I remember everybody (including myself) making fun of Grace Development back when they bought this property a while ago, mainly due to their website and some of the pictures they have on there (especially the residential properties section). Maybe this will refresh peoples memories...lol

I hope they can pull this off, but I'm about as skeptical with this one as I am with Crescendo. 

Holy crap, that's terrible. In the residential portion they advertise one property with what looks like cell phone shots of someone's disheveled bedroom with a half made bed.

This is the type of project you see as the bubble is nearing its biggest imo

1 person likes this

My gosh. 

One of those houses was my Grandfathers (31st and Vanderbilt Place). I spent so many weekends there. I recognize most of the rooms and lots of memories have now come flooding back. 

2 people like this

I'm sad that Jet's is going to have to go to make room for this.  Those pizzas are like a dough brick fried in grease (and I love it).

Jet's is moving right around the corner onto 25th right next to Kobe Steaks and ParkCentral.

1 person likes this

ScreenShot2015-01-20at60732PM_zps1dc01c2

This building has an alley with garage access. I don't see the need for the Elliston facing garage entrance. If they would do away with that, it would be much better.

2 people like this

This building has an alley with garage access. I don't see the need for the Elliston facing garage entrance. If they would do away with that, it would be much better.

Wouldn't that be confusing for patrons of the retail?  People don't necessarily start combing the alleys when they want to park near a shop or restaurant.

Wouldn't that be confusing for patrons of the retail?  People don't necessarily start combing the alleys when they want to park near a shop or restaurant.

Isn't that what signs are for?  ;)

From having lived in those architecturally stunning 4-story apartments next-door, every time a car tried coming out of that alley while one was coming in, one would have to back up and it caused a lot of frustration and confusion. I'm sure even more chaos would ensue with retail and so many apartments. Not sure about the logistics of shrinking an apartment footprint and widening the alley, but the fact stands that E23's garage across the street is placed in a similar manner; I suppose it is small aesthetic price to pay for accessibility. 

From having lived in those architecturally stunning 4-story apartments next-door, every time a car tried coming out of that alley while one was coming in, one would have to back up and it caused a lot of frustration and confusion. I'm sure even more chaos would ensue with retail and so many apartments. Not sure about the logistics of shrinking an apartment footprint and widening the alley, but the fact stands that E23's garage across the street is placed in a similar manner; I suppose it is small aesthetic price to pay for accessibility. 

They could make the alley a one way street.

Edited by NashvilleTaylor

This project shows a widening of the alley. They don't control the entire block however so it is only a partial measure.